Aug 11, 2010

I intend to rent my timeshare week in 2011 instead of using it myself. I am a member at Grande Aruba, however I plan to offer a week at a resort in the D.R. or Mexico, due to lower AI fees there compared to Aruba. I am finding the process quite confusing - and I need some help.

First, about the all-inclusive fee: is it paid at he time of reservation, or by the renter upon arrival?

Also, what is the customary value assigned to the room when one rents it to another party? I am doing the math & not finding much profit potential for me, by the time I factor in the AI fee - especially when I compare with what one could find by booking with the resort directly.

Should I make a reservation and hope for a renter who wants that exact week, or offer a range of dates and hope that what the renter wants is available at the time when he/she is in contact with me?

HELP!!! Thanks to any one who can share their experience with this.

Elizabeth M.
Aug 12, 2010

elizabethm365 wrote:
I am a member at Grande Aruba, however I plan to offer a week at a resort in the D.R. or Mexico, due to lower AI fees there compared to Aruba. I am finding the process quite confusing - and I need some help.

First, about the all-inclusive fee: is it paid at he time of reservation, or by the renter upon arrival?

Call the resort for this information since AI rules can be different depending on the resort.

Quote:
Also, what is the customary value assigned to the room when one rents it to another party? I am doing the math & not finding much profit potential for me, by the time I factor in the AI fee - especially when I compare with what one could find by booking with the resort directly.

In this economy, you should be happy to make any profit.

Quote:
Should I make a reservation and hope for a renter who wants that exact week, or offer a range of dates and hope that what the renter wants is available at the time when he/she is in contact with me?

I would offer a range of dates for diversity.

R P.
Aug 13, 2010

Thanks for your insight here - it is all new to me and pretty overwhelming.

Elizabeth M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.