Feb 02, 2014

I'm very new to this and need a little clarification. If a rental is listed at $400 a week, does that mean that's ALL I'm paying for the room at this resort or is that simply to receive the owners "Premier Status" discount on the room? I mean these rooms go for $550 a night and I can't believe an owner would sell it so cheap.

Aaron V.
Feb 02, 2014

If the ad states $400 a week then it means $400 a week, however I would email the ad owner to make sure the ad is correct.

R P.
Feb 02, 2014

I'm very familiar with this resort and how their premier members get x amount of "free weeks". I'm wondering if these members are able to rent out their free weeks and can simply charge whatever they want?

Aaron V.
Feb 02, 2014

aaronv23 wrote:
I'm very new to this and need a little clarification. If a rental is listed at $400 a week, does that mean that's ALL I'm paying for the room at this resort or is that simply to receive the owners "Premier Status" discount on the room? I mean these rooms go for $550 a night and I can't believe an owner would sell it so cheap.

You should double check with the owner and find out if any additional fees would apply at the time of check in. Sometimes there are resort fees (sometimes as much as $15-25 per day) sometimes there are taxes (usually less than $50 per week). Finally if you are looking at an All inclusive- which sounds like you may be- there are AI fees that usually range from $75-$300 per person/ per day paid directly to the resort.

You should have the fees spelled out in the agreement/contract for the rental.

Tracey S.
Feb 02, 2014

I am looking at renting a timeshare from htr4 timeshare resale.com Has anyone else dealt with them?the timeshare is at the Marriott Villas in Palm Desert and their address is across the street. There site only lists resales and doesn't mention rentals. Thanks

Elaine B.
Feb 04, 2014

elaineb214 wrote:
I am looking at renting a timeshare from htr4 timeshare resale.com Has anyone else dealt with them?the timeshare is at the Marriott Villas in Palm Desert and their address is across the street. There site only lists resales and doesn't mention rentals. Thanks

Am not familiar with this particular rental agency but there are hundreds of such rental agencies out there. It could be that many of the resale owners also rent their timeshares .... just make sure there's a rental agreement in place stipulating the terms of the rental and signed by both a rep from htr and you = the renter.

R P.
Feb 09, 2014

We traded into a 2 BR lock off at the Westin Lagunamar, but our kids had to back out so we will only be using the 1 BR unit. Are we able to rent out the studio portion during our week?

Michael Z.
Feb 09, 2014

michaelz48 wrote:
We traded into a 2 BR lock off at the Westin Lagunamar, but our kids had to back out so we will only be using the 1 BR unit. Are we able to rent out the studio portion during our week?

If it was an exchange, then no, exchanges are not allowed to be rented out, but you can give it to a friend or relative with the only compensation to you being the exchange fee and the guest certificate fee ... in other words you cannot get reimbursed for maintenance fees or make any kind of profit.

R P.
Feb 09, 2014

Thanks for the reply. If we let friends use it, they will have a separate entrance with a separate room key, correct? Thanks again!

jayjay wrote:
michaelz48 wrote:

If it was an exchange, then no, exchanges are not allowed to be rented out, but you can give it to a friend or relative with the only compensation to you being the exchange fee and the guest certificate fee ... in other words you cannot get reimbursed for maintenance fees or make any kind of profit.

Michael Z.
Feb 09, 2014

Absolutely no problem letting friends use it . They are part of your party.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 09, 2014 11:59 AM

Feb 10, 2014

michaelz48 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. If we let friends use it, they will have a separate entrance with a separate room key, correct? Thanks again.

Yes, lockoffs are two separate apartments with separate entrances/separate keys, however the lockoffs we've stayed in had a door inside both apartments connecting the two apartments if you choose to use it but you can lock both sides if you so choose.

R P.
Mar 16, 2014

Did you end up using him? We were also looking at a listing he has

nancyl387 wrote:
Has anyone rented a timeshare from Bill Fraser @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Lake Buena Vista FL?

Sacha M.
Mar 19, 2014

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine inquired about one of his rentals and asked a few questions. She decided against it and now he randomly sends her rude emails. She apparently "wasted" his time.

Sandy D.
May 10, 2014

I recently had a very similar experience as your friend. He was rude and unpleasant that it wasn't difficult to decide not to rent from him. I will never do any business with him.

Han K.
Jun 05, 2014

Is there a sample lease I can use to rent my timeshare. I'm new to redweek. Thanks for your help.

Nancy R.
Apr 22, 2015

I am looking to rent one week from Bill Fraser. Did you rent from Bill Fraser?

Jerry G.
Apr 30, 2015

I am with Trading Places exchange company and last year exchanged my week in Tahoe for one in Hawaii for this year. Well I contacted the exchange department to find out the particulars of renting the week I exchanged. They said there would be no fee for this and that I could do it. I read another post saying this is illegal to rent a week you exchanged, but this is not the information I received from Trading Places. Any feedback?

Gretel E.
Apr 30, 2015

That depends on the exchange company. Resorts Condominiums International (RCI) and Interval International (II) specifically prohibit renting out weeks you acquired via an exchange. I'm not too sure what Trading Places International's (TPI) policy is so I recommend you contact TPI and find out.

Lance C.
May 01, 2015

what is the safest way to rent a timeshare?

Reginald D.
May 01, 2015

Reginald -

To ensure a safe transaction, you can use the services of First American Title: Escrow

If you decide on a private transaction, we offer assistance here: Stay Safe

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.