Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Get off your butts-send a complaint to BBB of Virginia regarding CLUB LANDOR

Jan 23, 2011

http://richmond.bbb.org/find-business-reviews/ takes about one minute

John P.
Jan 24, 2011

With all due respect, the BBB is a completely powerless "membership" organization, with no legal authority of any kind whatsoever. Any business willing to pay the BBB membership fees can "join". The BBB "rates" companies and businesses based upon consumer complaints received --- NOTHING MORE! You can certainly "vent" to the BBB if you wish, but understand that the BBB has no ability or authority at all to render any meaningful assistance to you (or to anyone else), beyond merely issuing a "low rating" to a business.

If you feel that this facility has committed some (unspecified within your post) legal wrongdoing, it would be much more productive to file a formal, detailed, written complaint with the Attorney General's office of the state in which the timeshare is located. Unlike the useless and ineffective BBB, the AG has the legal jurisdiction, the legal authority and the capability to formally and competently investigate fully. When a case is sufficiently substantiated by supporting facts and evidence, an AG office can then PROSECUTE. Potential prosecution is a whole lot more leverage on a business than the (essentially meaningless) receipt of "a low BBB rating".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 24, 2011 01:46 PM

Jan 24, 2011

While I completely understand your frustration, I am also here to offer you words of hope. I am a person who seems to be hunted by the resorts because I tell all the "dirty little secrets" of the timeshare biz. In your particular case, I have researched your resort, as I have had contact from several of your fellow owners. Hang in there. While you feel that you have been lied to, (all research indicates that you have been), there is a company working feverishly trying to help the owners of your resort. A class action lawsuit is eminent. National news organizations are getting involved. Relief is in sight. Email me at insidetimeshare@yahoo.com, and I will send you a copy of the report that resorts are desperately trying to suppress. I NEVER charge for that information.

Howard T.
Feb 11, 2011

I am willing to get off my butt: where do I complain and when does a lawsuit begin?

Charles B.
Feb 13, 2011

johnp1123 wrote:
http://richmond.bbb.org/find-business-reviews/ takes about one minute

You might be trying to help others but the BBB is a waste of time. Companies who pay to become members get good ratings and BBB will do nothing to help a owner.

Your title comes across as very demanding and insulting and could have been worded much better than Get off your butts!

If a owner is having problems they need to get all information and send it to the state AG's office for help!

PHILL12

Phil L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.