Timeshare Companies

Hotel U a Scam??

Jan 26, 2011

See my note under Belaire too. My wife and I were sold by Hotel U into converting our Belaire contract into a Hotel U contract so that it can be sold via IES (International Escrow Services). Since then we have had not contact from IES in spite of repeated attempts on our part to contact them. The tel number the show on our docs is a ".com message forwarding service". There is no physical address. They have a web site "intlescrowservices.com" that looks very pretty, but that doesn't prove anything. I used the website to send them a message, no response. This outlook looks pretty grim to us. What have others experienced? Have we been scammed yet again??

Curtis M.
Dec 21, 2011

What happened as we aer considering selling our Belaire time share too? Thanks!

Gayle H.
Dec 22, 2011

You should contact http://www.profeco.gob.mx/english.htm (the consumer advocacy agency in Mexico).

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 22, 2011 10:48 AM

Dec 29, 2011

Hi, I just got involved in the con game at the HotelU. I will file a complaint with the Mexican Gob, but doubt I can do anything about it. I will contact my credit card company about the 8600. 00 in chgs. The new sales mgr is a professional liar. He said he made me a reservation at a private condo. I checked them out. He said he would not have a unit number until Dec 2012. and no written confirmation either. I never heard of a two bedrom condo with three bathrooms. The charges were probably forwarded to a bank account in the US, since they were in dollars. eloise

Eloise W.
Jun 08, 2012

I was just contacted by Mr. Santori of U-Resorts,in Puerto Vallarta after I inquired about the buy-back program. According to him our timeshare is worth mor than twice the money we paid and it takes another $11,000.00 to get the name changed from Bel Aire to U-Hotel and some taxes paid. Has anyone been paid back their money for a timeshare unit that has not even been build yet. We got scammed in 2008 when we bought and don't want to get scammed again.

Ursula P.
Jun 09, 2012

ursulap10 wrote:
I was just contacted by Mr. Santori of U-Resorts,in Puerto Vallarta after I inquired about the buy-back program. According to him our timeshare is worth mor than twice the money we paid and it takes another $11,000.00 to get the name changed from Bel Aire to U-Hotel and some taxes paid. Has anyone been paid back their money for a timeshare unit that has not even been build yet. We got scammed in 2008 when we bought and don't want to get scammed again.

No timeshare on earth is worth twice what was paid initially .... matter of fact many timeshares can't even be given away in this economy, especially timeshares in Mexico.

Fool me once it's your fault, fool me twice it's my fault .... use your gut instinct.

R P.
Jul 03, 2012

We were scammed too, in 2009. Also contacted by Hotel U and told we needed to give an additional $9800 to keep our contract and be part of the "buy-back." When I said I would not give any additional money Alex Santori hung up on me. Has anyone been successful at getting back any of their stolen money?

S F.
Jul 03, 2012

sf89 wrote:
We were scammed too, in 2009. Also contacted by Hotel U and told we needed to give an additional $9800 to keep our contract and be part of the "buy-back." When I said I would not give any additional money Alex Santori hung up on me. Has anyone been successful at getting back any of their stolen money?

I sincerely doubt it.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.