Feb 09, 2011

I'm trying to rent my first temeshare that I found here on redweek. I asked the person who posted the add to fax me the rental agreement and use escrow and that's what I got in response:

As I think you know we are in St Maarten until Feb 24th. Don't have economical fax service. We have rented our timeshare locations out for 8 years. We are husband and wife owners of all our sites. Regarding xxxxx hotel , the following has worked. We can place a 48 hour hold on Caribe 1 bedroom via the network. No cost to you. Will give you the US toll free reservations network phone number, and the confirmation number so you may verify us, and time set for you and your family. When you are comfortable with this, and we get your US check of $xxx we can confirm the reservation, and send you written confirmation, and some helpful information. We used this resort for three weeks in Jan 2011 and have up to date experience. We usually get written paper work by mail +/- 10 working days from our making reservation. We can start process at your permission. Our daughter receives mail for us in our absence. Any other infor? Please advise. If we place a hold on by email on Friday we get until +/- 7pm Monday for hold. This is due to week end. You have Friday, Sat, till 12 noon, and Monday +/- 12 noon to get back to us. We do, however, require a check to make final reservation. We can provide you with our daughters address so you can send the check if you feel comfortable after checking with reservations.

Can this be a scam ? Say I check and hotel confirms reservation I mail check, what can go wrong after that?

Irakli M.
Feb 10, 2011

I don't know if it's a scam or not .... that's something only you can decide .... use your gut instinct .... do you not have time to have a contract in place via USPS ????

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 10, 2011 08:30 AM

Feb 10, 2011

I'm planning vacation beginning of March and can't wait for a contract in mail

Irakli M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.