Timeshare Companies

Transfer process for a Perennial Vacation Club timeshare membership.

Apr 20, 2011

The transfer process for a Perennial Vacation Club membership is actually quite simple. The seller contacts the contracts dept at Perennial (currently a lady by the name of Melissa) and provides her with the contact information for both buyer and seller.

PVC will prepare an assignment contract for both parties to sign. There is a $250. transfer fee payable to Perennial Vacation Club which must be returned with the executed transfer forms. The account must be current on fees and cannot be encumbered by a mortgage at the time of transfer.

That's it!

On a side note, there are a few very old PVC contracts that are a bit unusual.. Accumulative contracts allow unused weeks to remain in a sellers account year after year. If you can locate one of these contracts, it's possible to get the rights to multiple prepaid weeks. Most Perennial Vacation Club contracts do not allow unused weeks to accumulate. Instead, unused weeks simply disappear from the account at the end of the year.

Susan A.
Apr 20, 2011

richm90 wrote:
The transfer process for a Perennial Vacation Club membership is actually quite simple. The seller contacts the contracts dept at Perennial (currently a lady by the name of Melissa) and provides her with the contact information for both buyer and seller.

PVC will prepare an assignment contract for both parties to sign. There is a $250. transfer fee payable to Perennial Vacation Club which must be returned with the executed transfer forms. The account must be current on fees and cannot be encumbered by a mortgage at the time of transfer.

I had TWO Perennial Vacation Club "memberships", but sold both of them several years ago. Transfer is simple and straightforward with PVC because there is NO deed and NO ownership. It's basically just a "paid membership" which provides a "right to use" (a.k.a. RTU).

The $250 "transfer fee" must be a relatively new development with PVC; no such fee existed when I sold off my two PVC memberships a very few years ago.

For a "vacation club", PVC seemed (to me) to be a reliable and squared away operation; a rarity among so-called "vacation clubs". At that time, there were a total of six or so PVC facility locations from which to choose. I used the Nevada / Lake Tahoe location (near Heavenly ski area) once and also used the Dominican Republic facility once. Having NO interest in Texas, inland Florida, Daytona Beach, or any of the other remaining PVC locations, I decided to just "unload" my two PVC memberships (and their associated annual fee obligations). I paid very little for those memberships (resale) and got even less back upon next resale a few years later.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 25, 2011 02:21 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.