Smugglers' Notch Resort

Smugglers Notch and Wyndham

May 30, 2015

Not sure what you mean about resale options. To me the only option is to give it away. As for RCI points, I am still a fixed week owner, but our friends who own in Aspens upgraded to RCI points when the resort first changed over to that system and they seem happy with it. In fact, they purchased more RCI points at a resort in St. Lucia.

Our son (only child) is 27 and we still go up (week 30) and he actually comes to visit us there for a few days! We have owned there since 1999 and actually had bee up 2 years prior to owning! We like that we can drive there. When we go elsewhere we just rent or we only exchange our white/blue float weeks through an independent exchange company- less expensive than RCI and free membership.

MaryAnn P.
May 30, 2015

Thanks for your input. We live across the country, but it has been nice coming out to Vermont each year. We may have to either do more with the points, or stop with RCI.

Mark C.
Dec 31, 2015

Great point about the eBay price.

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions about what they offered you. I am a Wyndham owner and have used points to book weeks at Smugglers.

For 500,000 points, how many BR is your unit? It is a "deluxe" or "presidential" (I realize those may be Wyndham only terms)?

What did want to charge you in conversion fees, if any? And did they require and additional points purchase from Wyndham?

Did they say how your maintenance fees would be affected? In other words, would they be based on your new ownership program or would they continue to be based on what you owned previously?

ss212 wrote:
BTW, the deal is bad.

They offered me 500,000 points for my timeshare (week 7). In fact, you can buy 500,000 points on ebay for $3,000 or less.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/wyndham-timeshare-points

Scam.

Duncan W.
Dec 31, 2015

This was more than a year ago and actually they didn't offer me 500,000 points for my timeshare. They offered me 500,000 points for my timeshare plus $25,000 or something. So they actually wanted me to pay for the privilege of selling my timeshare. Not sure what crack they are smoking at Wyndham...

S S.
Dec 31, 2015

Thanks for responding. Do you recall any of the other terms of the deal, like what the maintenance fees were? And I'm wondering how many bedrooms it is for a 500K pts offer.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Duncan W.
Jan 08, 2017

Hello. I know this topic hasn't been active for a while...but I need some advice. We just bought a timeshare at smuggs...week 7 in the sycamores..comes with a floater. I just looked at our floating schedule, and we willl never be able to go during those weeks bc of school. I'm contemplating whether or not to join RCI. I have heard of these feee independent trading companies. Should I just use those? If I don't sign up for RCI, is there anyway I can trade my float week? Thanks in advance for any advise.

Michelle S.
Jan 17, 2017

You have a great property and a life time of fun ahead because you picked Smuggs. We have been owners for over 25 years. It may not turn out t be a good financial move but at least you are here at prime time. We've regularly used the float week to exchange back into Smuggs when we want to come back but you have to pay fees for RCI membership and for the exchange and you have to take care of it as far in advance as you can. You will find many weeks available for exchanging back in on RCI.

I'd like to hear others who went to the presentation in 2017 or late 2016 (they've increased their off a little) and if anyone can see any advantage in "upgrading" to Whyndon if already an RCI owner here...Bob

Robert M.
Jan 17, 2017

You can buy Wyndham points for bargain prices on ebay and TUG. Upgrading doesn't make sense if you already own what you like at Smuggs. You can purchase Wyndham points resale and und use them at any Wyndham properties. I suggest going on TUG to the Wyndham forum and ask away. We have owned at Smuggs since 1999 and the good exchanges we always got through RCI. But it has gotten expensive so it is really worth a look at the small companies. If you are flexible about where to go, they can work. But if you are trying to always go back into Smuggs for prime time you would need to stick with RCI.

MaryAnn P.
Oct 20, 2017

Smuggs Passes (which are used to access the resort amenities such as the pools and KidZone) are no longer able to be purchased by guests of Wyndham owners. You can buy lift passes and rent ski equipment, but be aware that children may be very disappointed as they won't be allowed to use or access many of the resort activities and amenities.

Susan A.
Oct 21, 2017

Since when? If you rent from a Wyndham owner I was told you could buy a pass. I would think it would be the same for a guest. Maybe it is a privilege package? I know if you rent from a Smuggs owner you have to buy a privilege package. Essentially the same as a pass only more expensive.

MaryAnn P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.