The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 14, 2012

I've had all the problems with reservations listed here. I put my week in RCI so I can at least get a week elsewhere.

I sent an email to join the lawsuit

Dave G

David L.
Mar 14, 2012

exactly when will this lawsuit get into the courts for litigation and resolution?

Chris V.
Mar 14, 2012

email - alexcrysal22@gmail.com

Vanessa S.
Mar 14, 2012

Fill out survey from alexcrystal22@gmail.com

Vanessa S.
Mar 17, 2012

My wife and I would like to join the MC lawsuit. We own two PH weeks.

Richard H.
Mar 17, 2012

davide, i'm in almost the exact situation that you are. i bought one week about 9-10 years ago, then stupidly bought another week (both from the mc), and even more stupidly upgraded one week to the penthouse.............and then bought another for under $5,000 from a broker...3 weeks total. most of the time i'm able to comfortably book 9 months in advance, but i'd like to have a spur-of- the-moment availability from time to time...a rarity to say the least. all this while each time i go to the mc, i see salespeople consistently taking sucker clients around, OVERSELLING beyond limits. we (wife and i) live on long island so we're at the club for 1,2,3 days each month from april through december. we love the place itself...a great respite from the day to day "grind" but the management is unbelievably obnoxious, with their out-of-sight maintenance fees, and overselling, limiting owners' reservation availability. what angers me most is that owners are paying outrageous maintenance fees and then being told that reservations are not readily available then renting to non-owners on hotel.com, expedia.com or through their own " inventory." so they're making money on maintenance and on their own inventory rentals, TOTALLY ILLEGAL TO SAY THE LEAST. our lawsuit, as drawn, has merit but WHEN WILL IT GET OFF THE GROUND AND INTO LITIGATION SO THAT THE COURTS CAN GIVE US A FAIR RESOLUTION TO OUR PLIGHT IN DEALING WITH THIS FRAUDULENT OPERATION? there needs to be media coverage that will be forceful enough to make bruce eichner and company change their tune and respect us owners. write to nyc local newspapers and other media like tv news shows, or commentators that will blow the lid off how the mc operates. have an independent auditor monitor the financial reports...so far i have received only the report sent by the mc, and i didn't see any proof that it was independently audited by a certified cpa.

get back with comments good luck, cfox863@gmail.com

Chris V.
Mar 18, 2012

We have had the same type of experience with TMC. Management they say they want to help you, but when you try to call for a reservation days, weeks, or months, in adivance you may get lucky to get a room. We are owners they should have availability for owners first. They are manipulating the inventory. We have been owners for nine years and maintenance has tripled. Digested with the process it's so frustrating to have to deal with this when you have paid and paid and paid and someone else is reaping the benefits. Eichner was a prosecuting attorney for NY. I have a feeling he is being protected by who he knows in NY. I can't think of any other reason he would be allowed to continue to run the scam.

Vanessa S.
Mar 19, 2012

does ANYBODY know of ANY progress being made concerning the manhattan club owners' law suit against EICHNER AND COMPANY? i've been seeking an answer for months, and NO ONE seems to have one.

let's get on with it before more of us simply sell out and let EICHNER profit even more by giving us pennies on the dollar, then selling our shares to other unsuspecting, sucker prospective purchasers at their ha.....SALES PRESENTATION.....for mucho more $$ than they bought us out for.

seems like we're simply threatening with the law suit, then playing dead when it comes to getting it into the courts for resolving the possible fraud (on many counts) resolution. "PROACTIVITY" IS THE OPERATIVE WORD. WE NEED TO MOVE OUR COLLECTIVE "FANNIES" AND DO SOMETHING POSITIVE AND CREATIVE: CONTACT LOCAL MEDIA...NEWSPAPERS, RADIO REPORTERS, TV. SOME EXAMPLES: CRAINS NEW YORK BUSINESS, DAILY NEWS, NEW YORK TIMES, BARRONS, WALL STREET JOURNAL, RADIO AND TV STATIONS, INVESTORS BUSINESS DAILY. ALSO, WHEN YOU'RE PHYSICALLY PRESENT AT THE MC, MOSEY ON TO THE 2ND FLOOR, AND GET ON THE ELEVATOR WITH A SALESPERSON AND PROSPECTIVE PURCHASERS: TALK WELL ABOVE A WHISPER TO YOUR COMPANION(S) ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL CHEATED AND THAT YOUR PURCHASE THERE MIGHT BE CONSIDERED FRAUD AS PRESENTED TO YOU INITIALLY.....OK, THIS IS COMPUTER SHOUT...ALL CAPS...BUT I'M USING THEM FOR EMPHASIS...I'M REALLY RATHER QUIET, BUT I DON'T LIKE BEING CHEATED EITHER.

RESPOND, FELLOW OWNERS CHRIS cfox863@gmail.com

Chris V.
Mar 30, 2012

klh5 wrote:
I wish you all the best with this suit. I came to end of my MC rope when fees had increased from apprx $500/yr to just under 2 grand in 10 years with no end in sight and being told that there was no vacancy when I would call for time. So, I "reversed sold" my share back to the Club. It was worth it, to end all the hazzles including fraudulent use of my cc by some one at the club, and consequently being harrassed to pay, by credit!, the fee and RE tax, months in advance of my anniversary date, which was stated as THE due date on my contract. I am so relieved to be out of it. Best wishes.

How did you "reverse" sell your timeshare. We have been trying to sell ours and have had no luck. Dena

Dena L.
Mar 31, 2012

alex, please tell me what progress is being made with our law suit. i have to assume NO progress, since all i read about here is disgusted owners willing to dump their shares simply to get out of paying and paying FOR NOTHING (or else not paying maintenance and having their credit ratings destroyed.) owners are virtual losers....the price of their shares, past maintenance fees and nyc taxes, lowering or ruining their credit ratings........come on!...when will this all stop? we need to do more than WAIT AND WAIT FOR A LAW SUIT TO PROGRESS, WHICH IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE DOING. TMCNY HAS US BY THE PROVERBIAL BA**S, AND THEY KNOW IT, AND WE'RE PERMITTING IT TO CONTINUE. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND GET SOME FAIR TREATMENT FROM THIS SHAM OPERATION?

Chris V.
Mar 31, 2012

dena, DON'T SELL YET (UNLESS YOU'RE DESPERATE!) selling is just what THE MANHATTAN CLUB wants you to do, especially if you sell back to them...they'll give you pennies on the $ for what you paid. if you try to sell using a timeshare broker, if the price is low enough (TMCNY has the right of first refusal) MC will exercise this right and buy it to add to their inventory of shares, then sell it for many more $$. so you're really "donating to this sham of an operation. much of MC management dealings seem to be illegal, and no one is currently assisting us owners. our plight needs to be exposed in NEW YORK MEDIA....NEWSPAPER ARTICLES, TV EXPOSEES. LET'S GET MOVING ON THIS PRIORITY ISSUE. WE NEED TO HIT TMCNY IN THEIR POCKETBOOKS...LOW OR NO SALES FROM THE SECOND FLOOR SALES OFFICE, NO REFERRALS TO FRIENDS/ASSOCIATES, TELLING PROSPECTIVE BUYERS (WHEN WE'RE AT TMCNY) THAT THEY'LL BE FLEECED AS WE WERE IF THEY PURCHASE.) WE MUST SHOW OWNERS' GROUP STRENGTH AND BE PROACTIVE IN ORDER TO GET WHAT WE PAID FOR. IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, OUR LAW SUIT IS CURRENTLY GOING NOWHERE THAT I'VE HEARD OF TO DATE!

PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH.

Chris V.
Mar 31, 2012

RICHARD, CHECK WITH ALEX.

Chris V.
Apr 07, 2012

I am an owner who is as frustrated as all of the others. I am SOOOO sad to be just finding out about this MUCH NEEDED law suit. Wish I could get in on this. Does anyone know if it's too late at this point? It's nothing but a SCAM and the management simply DOES NOT CARE what we think or, obviously, who we tell. Grrrrr!

Lynn S.
Apr 07, 2012

I am interested - please send survey and any other information

Dena Lake

alexc100 wrote:
MC owners opened a lawsuite / class action in regards to the MC resrvations.

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Dena L.
Apr 12, 2012

denal11 wrote:
I am interested - please send survey and any other information

Dena Lake

alexc100 wrote:

Everyone who is inerested to join the class action please contact me at alexcrystal22@gmail.com

You will be asked to fill out the Survey and send it or email the lawyer's office. It is urgent! Regards, Alex

Amy H.
Apr 12, 2012

denal11 wrote:
I am interested - please send survey and any other information. Mara Rice

Dena Lake

alexc100 wrote:

Mara R.
Apr 12, 2012

Alex, We are wondering if the idea of a class action suit against the Manhattan Club is still on the table? We would very much like to stop TMC from ever selling a time share again. We, along with the rest of your readers, have shelled out so much money and gotten nothing in return. Some people speak of being told to expect a 9mo out date and I just tried for May of 2013! and got nothing. It's just absurd. We bought our time share in 2003 and have used it all of about 4 days in all those years. Instead we bank our time with RCI, only to pay them to use it! Arggghh, I'd love to be a part of this class action suit if it's still possible. Does anyone know what ever happened to the lawsuit filed by those 4 or 5 owners last summer? thanks, Claudia & David

Claudia V.
Apr 13, 2012

claudia and david,

"whatever happened to the lawsuit filed.......?"

that's precisely the question i've been asking for months, and have received no substantial answer to. perhaps if one of us calls the attorneys' office (212-725-7272) BRAU, BROWN & LEONARD, LLC, we will get an answer and get this long overdue lawsuit into the courts for resolution in our favor.

chris cfox863@gmail.com

Chris V.
Apr 13, 2012

there needs to be a follow-up to this article by crains ny business.

Chris V.
Apr 14, 2012

davidl1046 wrote:
I've had all the problems with reservations listed here. I put my week in RCI so I can at least get a week elsewhere.

I sent an email to join the lawsuit

Dave G

but the problem with RCI that is annoying is when you read the reviews, so many places are worn and dated, hardly any have 5 stars and they are hard to get sometimes too :-(

Claudia V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.