Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Apr 04, 2014

"SDLJ WERJA:LJWE RF

I was told

Comments need to be deleted not just edited please. \

Karen P.

Last edited by karenp498 on Oct 12, 2015 11:12 AM

Apr 05, 2014

last year we got caught in the same scam, luckily we put up our monies using out visa card. They handled bailing out of the scam. Plus we also contacted the office the the Mexican Attorney General. play real hard ball e.i. Tony Soprano

Charles K.
Apr 09, 2014

Well, I got promises of VIDA refunds, phone calls from Mexico, emails stating they would refund some money, but so far, NADA. Willing to take a trip south of the border to personally collect the "refund." Time to contact the Federal Trade Commission.

Jonnie D.
Apr 15, 2014

i just purchased vida vacations @ grand mayan & reading all the reviews is worrying me. do i get out now? how did you request a refund? i read that i have 5 days to decline offer. are there any positive reviews for using their luxurious resorts?

Danette C.
Apr 15, 2014

If you are still able to recind the contract do it immediately. Follow all the directions to recind the contract to the letter. If you change your mind later you can always throw your money away and purchase it it down the road. Good luck.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Apr 15, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 15, 2014

danettec6 wrote:
i just purchased vida vacations @ grand mayan...i read that i have 5 days to decline offer. are there any positive reviews for using their luxurious resorts?

I'm sure there are some great reviews for using the resort. However, buying there, especially at one of those sales presentations, is waste of money.

As Don P. said, first of all rescind. If you want to visit the Grand Mayan, there are probably many cheap rentals available, usually at a cost lower than the maintenance fees.

If you absolutely feel you must own there, look for resales as there are many to be had for far less than what you paid at that presentation.

Lance C.
Apr 18, 2014

The issue has been resolved to our satisfaction.

Ryann J.
Apr 27, 2014

I have spoken to international sales and they have satisfactorily resolved my situation

Susan S.

Last edited by susans964 on May 30, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 27, 2014

Resolved

Susan S.

Last edited by susans964 on May 30, 2014 11:10 AM

May 03, 2014

Please I got caught on this scam at Cancun. I bought it on may 29th and to increase it to a worst cenarium I got all my things stolen at the Wallmart supermarket parking lot. Professional camera, celphones, money etc etc... Please my hooneymoon was already distroyed by the scam I really need help to cancel this contract. Send me an e-mail if there is any calcelation letter or way to get out of it !! Thiagooasoares@gmail.com

Thiago A.
May 04, 2014

thiagoa wrote:
I bought it on may 29th and to increase it to a worst cenarium....I really need help to cancel this contract..

I'm assuming that's May 29 of last year. If so, then you are beyond your rescission period.

As for the last part requesting someone to e-mail you with "cancellation" suggestions, first, I would edit that post and remove your e-mail address. With your plight and contact info in boards like these, you will start getting a flood of e-mails from scam and questionable outfits.

The best way to "cancel" is to try to give your unit away. Try posting an ad here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement. Also, E-Bay, My Resort Network, and Timeshare Users Group (ada "TUG"; tugbbs.com) have a Bargain Deals section where you can list your unit for giveaway. You might have to offer to pay closing costs and even the following year's maintenance fees.

Lance C.
May 04, 2014

NO sorry is April, 29, 2014 las week !!!!!

lancec13 wrote:
thiagoa wrote:
I bought it on may 29th and to increase it to a worst cenarium....I really need help to cancel this contract..

I'm assuming that's May 29 of last year. If so, then you are beyond your rescission period.

As for the last part requesting someone to e-mail you with "cancellation" suggestions, first, I would edit that post and remove your e-mail address. With your plight and contact info in boards like these, you will start getting a flood of e-mails from scam and questionable outfits.

The best way to "cancel" is to try to give your unit away. Try posting an ad here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement. Also, E-Bay, My Resort Network, and Timeshare Users Group (ada "TUG"; tugbbs.com) have a Bargain Deals section where you can list your unit for giveaway. You might have to offer to pay closing costs and even the following year's maintenance fees.

Thiago A.
May 04, 2014

Send them an email immediately. Read the whole contract and state the cancellation exactly as it says. Mexican law allows email so send the email and remember everything you got is part of the contract. Also the will email you a form to sign saying you will not bad mouth them. You do not need or want to sign this. Good luck and do it now as it is 5 days so time is almost up.

thiagoa wrote:
NO sorry is April, 29, 2014 las week !!!!!

lancec13 wrote:
thiagoa wrote:

Clinton B.
May 05, 2014

I would only send an e-mail if the rescission instructions specifically state to send an e-mail. Most instructions to rescind require that you send a letter via certified mail.

Read your instructions very carefully and follow them to the letter. Get on it immediately as Mexico only allows 5 business days to get your letter in the mail. It does not require that the letter arrive at the resort or head office within 5 days, only that it be sent within 5 days.

Do it now before it's too late!

Lance C.
May 15, 2014

These post sound so familiar. In March 2014 my wife and arrived Cabo airport late and foolishly accepted "free" cab ride to our hotel in exchange for listening to a "90" minute sales pitch the nexy day at the Mayan. Believing what we were told was what we would receive the deal sounded good for us. But now I'm regretting the purchase believing we were also lied to and I don't want to get deeper in debt.

I noticed some people got resolution - How?

danny4772

Danny B
May 15, 2014

karenp498

Whom did you complain to and how- letter, email? And whom do you expect to provide a refund?

I am one of many in the same boat and would like to get out of this mistake at the least cost.

danny4772

Danny B
May 17, 2014

if you did not pay with your credit card, you are pretty much screwed. You can file a complaint with the Mexican Attorney General. you should be able to obtain his name by contacting your local Mexican Consulate.

Charles K.
May 22, 2014

We were approached by someone on the street to go check out a Mayan Palace timeshare for $20. I said it wasn't worth it. He kept raising the amount until he was offering us $90 to go listen. I said to my husband, I can spend an hour or two for $90. So we went. After the meal and the spiel, we told them we weren't interested and they got nasty. We went and collected our $90 and took the kids horseback riding for an hour which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Victoria F.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 22, 2014 04:17 PM

Jun 09, 2014

VIDA, Jean-Michel Bargoin, Mayan Palace, have satisfied our issue to date.

Jonnie D.
Jun 10, 2014

How did you go about getting Visa's help? I'm in a similar situation. Also, did you get all your money back?

Carolina V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.