Point Systems

Orange Lake and Holiday Inn

Oct 22, 2016

I seen you on TUG and responded

Your BT and EE loss seems to be very important to silverleaf owners if you were one to take advantage of that. I only know the HICV system.

I spent $30,000 before I found TUG or Redweek, that gave me 332,000 points and low status. You bought all yours aftermarket, than HICV bought Silverleaf and they are trying to get people like you to convert.

I personally LOVE the point system, Many benefits in my book, some don't agree.

PM me from TUG if you would like to talk, I know its a big decision

Dave

Dave
Mar 05, 2017

I don't think you should comment if you don't have the information. I'm very familiar with the points system and the air fair w RCI points is not a rip off and doesn't have blackout days or restrictions. The points act like cash towards any participating airlines. So depending on the situation it does make sense to use points for airfare.

Anastasia D.
May 17, 2017

heyy!

I purchase timeshares with points and deeded ownership during my stay at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort in Orlando in May 2016. However, after one year later now, I still could not see any points when I log into the account and I have no idea how to use it. It was only showing 0 points in the account. Please assist me! HELP! :(

Yan Linn T.
May 17, 2017

Sounds like you need to call in to get this taken care of, but if you used this years points it will show zero.

Try searching a stay, next years points will show this way. You could borrow 2018 points for a reservation this year for a $4 per 1000 points needed , or rent points at $10 per 1000

The "Owners Guide" is very helpful, really learn your system, knowledge is power !

Good Luck !

Dave

Dave
Sep 01, 2017

Do you know which resorts convert to points automatically on the resale market?

Jacob L.
Sep 01, 2017

Lake Geneva, Myrtle Beach, and Gatlinburg are the only 3 that are points @ resale

Dave
Sep 07, 2017

So, Holiday Inn Club @ Myrtle Beach points will transfer to the seller? I have been told that they will only transfer to family. I lost 2 timeshares in a trade. I was trading my 2 timeshares for 1 at Holiday Inn Club in Myrtle Beach. My transfers to the other person went through, but Holiday Inn Club exercised their Right Of First Refusal on the timeshare being transferred to me. So I lost big time.

davidg1131 wrote:
Lake Geneva, Myrtle Beach, and Gatlinburg are the only 3 that are points @ resale

Randy T.
Sep 10, 2017

They will only transfer points to immediate family from HICV on a resale.

Unless the resale is from HICV Gatlinburg , Myrtle Beach , or Lake Geneva. They are all points base and stay points and will show up in ones points account on the owners page.

These three are the ones mostly taken back by HICV thru ROFR. This is why they have some value to get to pass ROFR. They DO NOT have to be upgraded to points.

Dave
Sep 10, 2017

What all is involved and what is the cost to upgrade to points with HICV?

Randy T.
Sep 11, 2017

You have to go to a update, last I heard it is $5000.00 per 25,000 points to bring a after market purchase like Orange Lake into the points system.

Thats why value goes with the purchase of the other 3 that are all ready points.

Dave
Sep 11, 2017

For several year you could convert a deeded week to points with a new purchase of $6000-$8000. Several months ago they changed it so the amount required to purchase depends on the points value of the week being brought in and the average cost is now closer to a $20,000 or more new purchase to bring a week into the points system.

Tracey S.
Dec 13, 2017

can you tell if there on the point system by reading the add? I was looking at one add i liked on the river and been not too old one may assume it may be points but you know the old saying.....

melodyschaefer5370 wrote:
Be extra careful with resale weeks! Sometimes they won't let you convert to points, depending on original deed. One of my weeks was not converted due to it was a resale. Also, Orange Lake has first right of refusal on some contracts, so whem they go to transfer deed they can deny and buy it out instead. If the deed is clear.

Brian W.
Dec 19, 2017

Only will transfer from Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg and Lake Geneva, if the ad says its from any of the other resorts, they will not transfer.

Brian M.
Apr 11, 2018

Hello - I just come back from Orange Lake a week ago, love the place!

I used my Holiday Inn Club Points that I get from the timeshare I bought at South Beach Resort a few years back, but I want more points !

I went to one of their "owner" meetings to see if anything is new and it was no different than before, they just HOUND you to purchase a NEW timeshare unit to get more points.

Soon I had the "Sales Mgr" sitting with us trying more pressure tactics to by a new unit as he said "That is the only way you are gonna get any more points"

Is that true? I asked him if I could just buy "more points" and not another unit...and he then asked "why would you not want a Deed"...then I proceeded to say " I don't want any more maintenance fees yr after yr, i just want to buy POINTS!" He laughed at me and walked away.

So My question is : I see timeshares for sale on EBAY for CHEAP! If I purchased one of these "certain week" timeshares I see out there can they be converted to Holiday Inn Club Points ? If so how would I go about this ?

If you can buy these on EBAY for CHEAP , then why would anyone need to sit through the 2 hour pressure cooker at Orange lake ?

brianm898 wrote:
Only will transfer from Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg and Lake Geneva, if the ad says its from any of the other resorts, they will not transfer.

Frank D.
Apr 13, 2018

Your still going to have ongoing MF's with these purchases. HICV in Gatlingburg and Myrtle Beach are converted float weeks and you still have to pay MF on the underlying week. Lake Geneva is a UDI but you have MF;s based on the number of points you have it is also still deeded. Your post makes me think you don't understand the concepts involved in the HICV system so I would be very careful of buying because you might end up with something other than what you think.

Tracey S.
Apr 14, 2018

My question is : if I buy one on EBAY a FIXED WEEk condo from Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg, or Lake Geneva, can I call someone and get the week converted to HICV points that can be used at ANY of their resorts?

Frank D.
Apr 22, 2018

Those weeks are automatically enrolled in the holiday inn club vacation. The new signature building at MB may not be but the older units all qualify. Nothing to convert. You are automatically enrolled and have to pay the HICV annual membership fee in addition to the MF.

Tracey S.
May 20, 2018

I just finished up a time share presentation today at Orange Lake and holiday inn and really enjoyed the flexablilty that it provides for using your TS points. I do have my reserves about it and am thinking to maybe opt out as i believe you do have 10 days to do so ik Florida. Can anyone who has had or does have this system, tell me about their experience with it and if they had trouble booking any of the US resorts or trips international.

Zach J.
May 21, 2018

Rescind immediately !!! NEVER purchase from a developer !!!

Don P.
May 21, 2018

Orange Lake is a pretty good system. Chances are you didn't buy enough points to do the kind of travelling you thought you would be able to do. If you expect to get a 6-7 nights in a 2 br unit during high season your will need 150,000-225,000 points and you will want MF in the $700-1000 range. A lot of times they start off by selling you closer to 50,000-100,000 points with MF still in that same $700-1000 range which won't get you very much and you will be paying a lot in annual fees. There are a few resorts in the system that remain points on resale. They are getting harder to find but unless you can afford to pay $40,000+ without financing you would be better off taking the time to try to find a resale that works for you.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.