Timeshare Companies

Marriott owner....the old fashioned way. Will I still be able to exchange successfully with Marriott

Feb 10, 2012

I have red weeks at Grand Vista in Orlando and Fairway Villas in N.J. We've had good luck exchanging to Aruba and Hawaii (using 2BRs to get smaller units) by staying in Marriott Vacation Club system. Haven't tried since points system got going. What have been your experiences? Am I on equal footing or do the points folks queue up first. Does anyone understand how it works? We plan to put in for Hawaii again for February as we did successfully two years ago. Wondering how we'll likely fare.....

Please share experiences, thoughts, recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Jay

Jane P.
Apr 02, 2012

In theory, you should be able to do trades "the old way". However, through time, Marriott's stated intention is to reduce the inventory of weeks and increase the inventory of destination points. This will ultimately result in you not being able to trade, as there will be little or nothing to trade for. Also, in theory, the points people can't access the weeks inventory, but our experience is that in the past year it HAS become more difficult to trade, and even to book into your home resort if you own a floating week. Marriott representatives admit that it is more difficult, but can't or won't admit why.

lrw

Lee W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.