May 16, 2012

Can anyone give me any feedback on this company. From what I understand they ask for upfront fees which I know is a red flag!

John G.
May 16, 2012

johng1117 wrote:
Can anyone give me any feedback on this company. From what I understand they ask for upfront fees which I know is a red flag!

What are they offering to do for you?

Lance C.
May 16, 2012

I am looking at them as a potential company to rent or sell my timeshares

John G.
May 16, 2012

johng1117 wrote:

The cardinal rule about this is to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam.

If someone wants to sell a timeshare in behalf of a client, that person has to be a licensed real estate broker just like selling any other piece of real estate (yes, timeshares are real estate). Legitimate resale brokers will take their commission out or the proceeds of the sale at closing, not before.

Also, any legitimate rental agency will take its commission out of the proceeds of the rental, not upfront from the owner.

Lance C.
May 25, 2012

Please learn from the rest of us that paying an upfront fee is NEVER a good idea when looking to sell a timeshare. Be very careful and if they insist, tell them you will put their requested fee with an escrow agent instead so they perform on their tasks.

Travis D.
Jun 06, 2012

They are under investigation by the Florida Attorney General. Go to the F.A.G. site

Steve P.
Jun 07, 2012

Thank you, I think that answered my question!

John G.
Jun 14, 2012

lancec13 wrote:
johng1117 wrote:

The cardinal rule about this is to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam.

If someone wants to sell a timeshare in behalf of a client, that person has to be a licensed real estate broker just like selling any other piece of real estate (yes, timeshares are real estate). Legitimate resale brokers will take their commission out or the proceeds of the sale at closing, not before.

Also, any legitimate rental agency will take its commission out of the proceeds of the rental, not upfront from the owner.

Johnie H.
Oct 05, 2012

I had a good experience with this company Did what they said they would One of the better ones in the industry Would use again

Bill D.
Oct 06, 2012

billd337 wrote:
I had a good experience with this company Did what they said they would One of the better ones in the industry Would use again

shill alert !!!!

R P.
Jul 19, 2013

Actually, that was not the one that was sued. From the March 7 and 21, 2013 AP article: "The companies listed in the lawsuits are A1 Marketing Unlimited, Access Travel Network, Inc., International Timeshare Exchange/Network and Travel Buy Owner/CFL Ventures."

stevep376 wrote:
They are under investigation by the Florida Attorney General. Go to the F.A.G. site

Sandra B.
Dec 18, 2013

Most “rent-or-buy” comparison articles one sees are not practical, leave out numerous hidden costs of getting houses, and are usually outright real estate market propaganda, if not out and out lies. However, at least one, oddly enough from a real estate business, has been introduced that's this side of honest.

Alex M.

Last edited by alexm176 on Dec 18, 2013 04:44 AM

Dec 18, 2013

shill alert

R P.
Jan 13, 2014

what is the phone # of timesharelifestyle.com?

Bob S.
Jan 13, 2014

If they are a legitimate company, their phone number should be on their website.

Lance C.
Aug 04, 2014

We paid for 2 years of unlimited rentals. Imagine our surprise to find out we only get ONE ad! How are you supposed to rent unlimited rentals without unlimited ads to go with them? We have multi-destination ad #43558. We cannot separately list the reservations we have for Christmas Mountain Village/Wisconsin Dells or Big Cedar/Ridgedale, MO. This means that anyone going to the website and entering Wisconsin Dells or Big Cedar as their destination will not see our listing. How useless! Guess what? Can't even find their webpage anymore to change our ad!

The whole sales pitch was misleading.

Kristin S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.