Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

If I buy a timeshare at Pueblo Bonito Monte Christo Los Cabos from Red Week Will I qualify for entrance into Re

Dec 25, 2012

1, I am leery of buying a Monte Christo (MC) at Pueblo Bonito Sunset (PB) from Red Week only because our goal is to also be able to access the Registry Collection, SLH etc. The PB salesman told us that Monte Christo is currently in the Registry Collection. The points PB Monte Christo represents and its 5 star rating has placed them in Registry, which according to him, can not be accomplished by buying PB Monte Christo on the open market. The salesman also told us that PB MC was a fractional ownership not a timeshare and you only paid the maintenance fee when used??? The salesman at PB told us we pay $690 for two years as entrance fee to The Registry Collection. Then we would be able to book weeks with them for $399 or $499 per wk for day deals booked 90 days out or less. last minute deals, like the Four Seasons Club or special Villas in Europe? These days could also be bought for 3 or 4 day minimums. 2. We were also told MC regular weeks could be purchased for about $1290 per week. You all are very knowledgeable is this correct information? 3. Once a year we were told we could buy 1400 points for $2400 to be used at RCI, PB, SLH, the Registry or anywhere . We are interested in buying from Red Week but we want to ensure we have access to the groups a fore mentioned. 4. If we purchase RCI points, will the amount of points purchased place us at a Gold or Platinum level with entrance into more exclusive resorts, how does that work? We were so close to purchasing the MC while in Mexico but my friend told me they were asking too much and told me how pleased she was with her Red Week purchase.

James J.
Jul 26, 2016

Of course the salesman is going to tell you that. Buy from red week, its cheaper.

Sean from Houston
Jul 26, 2016

Other than Mexico, Registry collection seems to get mostly off season weeks most locals. Most owners of Registry collection properties own fractionals that include both prime season and out of season weeks. My guess is they use or rent out their prime weeks and only deposit the off season stuff. Buying a TS or fractional, especially from the developer with the main purpose of exchanging to other places is never a good deal. There is a Monte Christo facebook forum. You might want to ask about their experience with the registry collections. IMO the only reason to buy MC is if you want to use what you bought.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.