General Discussion

New to timeshares family owned ii timeshare questions

Mar 24, 2013

Currently my family owns a timeshare in Innseasons pollard brook in NH i guess it was with interval. Currently it is a fixed week 42 2 bedroom. I also have availible for purchase a 2 bedroom biennial christmas week.My questions are:

What is our current relationship with interval once its paid?

Can i exchange it with any service i wish?(RCI, REDWEEK...)

Does it make sense to take on the additional timeshare as it is a more preferable week for my family and try to sell the other one?

EStanicki
Mar 24, 2013

erics477 wrote:
Currently my family owns a timeshare in Innseasons pollard brook in NH i guess it was with interval. Currently it is a fixed week 42 2 bedroom. I also have availible for purchase a 2 bedroom biennial christmas week.My questions are:

What is our current relationship with interval once its paid?

Your relationship with II (Interval International) will remain the same.

Quote:
Can i exchange it with any service i wish?(RCI, REDWEEK...)

Redweek is no longer an exchange company but you can exchange it with one of the independent exchange companies such as DAE IF you haven't deposited it with II. No, you cannot exchange it with RCI unless your resort is affiliated with both RCI and II

Quote:
Does it make sense to take on the additional timeshare as it is a more preferable week for my family and try to sell the other one?

That decision depends solely on you .... however be aware that many timeshare weeks can't even be given away in this economy .... I have no idea what you could get for your timeshare (depends on supply and demand of the resort and week you own).

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 24, 2013 08:38 AM

Mar 24, 2013

i guess where im confused is what role II plays between me and my resort..... can i equate it to there like a property management service?

yes the resort is both II and rci affiliated.

yes i have found out that its hard to get rid of a timeshare in this economy. is it even as hard to just sell it for $1 just to get out from under it?

EStanicki
Mar 25, 2013

erics477 wrote:
i guess where im confused is what role II plays between me and my resort..... can i equate it to there like a property management service?

yes the resort is both II and rci affiliated.

No, II is not a property management service. II is an exchange company. If the resort where you own is affiliated with II, then you can use II's system to exchange if you wish to exchange.

So what you could do is deposit your unit into II's pool (no charge). Then you can look at what II will allow you to take in exchange for your unit. Once you book that, then there's a charge of about $150 or so.

Since you said that the resort is dually-affiliated with RCI, then you have the option to deposit your unit into RCI's pool and then look for a suitable exchange that RCI would have available.

Lance C.
Mar 26, 2013

ohh i see I appreciate the info

EStanicki
Jan 14, 2022

lancec13 wrote:
So what you could do is deposit your unit into II's pool (no charge). Then you can look at what II will allow you to take in exchange for your unit. Once you book that, then there's a charge of about $150 or so.

Since you said that the resort is dually-affiliated with RCI, then you have the option to deposit your unit into RCI's pool and then look for a suitable exchange that RCI would have available.

I would like to add some clarification to Lance's above input, which as quoted is not an entirely complete picture.

Specifically, if you have a II membership (which you must of course purchase), you are able to "search first" through the available II exchange inventory without having to immediately deposit your week first. So, if you don't find an exchange of interest to you, you can still retain your week to use it, or rent it out. You can deposit your week first with II if you choose, but (unlike with RCI) you are not required to deposit first in order to conduct an exchange search.

This is very distinctly different from RCI's procedures. With RCI, you must deposit first before you can even see their available exchange inventory --- and once you deposit a week with RCI, you irreversibly relinquish any option to retrieve that deposit, whether or not you are able to find a suitable exchange. You then, of course, also cannot use that week yourself, or rent it out. It's gone --- and you just have to hope that you can find a suitable exchange at some point.

I am not advocating for II over RCI (I don't exchange at all and I don't use either one), but the above describes one very significant difference between RCI and II deposit / search procedures. If you had concluded that RCI and II deposit / search requirements are identical, just be aware that they absolutely are not. II and RCI membership and exchange fee costs are roughly comparable, but II's very different "search first" capability is certainly at least worth mentioning.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 21, 2023 09:00 AM

Feb 22, 2023

If you set it up originally with Interval your with Interval, and that membership can be picked up and put down at will. As far as RCI goes, if you never had an account with them, how could you deposit with them? If you did have an account with them its the same deal. Once your TS is paid for, you just pay your Interval membership and use them. Or not

Peter K.
Feb 22, 2023

dont take on anymore timeshare with the purposes of selling it, youll be highly disappointed

Peter K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.