Point Systems

Marriott Vacation Club Points System - looking to purchase additional pts via Redweek -Experience?

Jul 27, 2013

I am currently an MVC 3500 points owner and looking to simply purchase the deeds to an additional 1,000 - 2,500 via resale on Redweek. Has anyone done this? At these points levels do they simply just lump your new purchase into your currect balance (understanding they may have different anniversary dates)? Are there any other issues I should be concerned about purchasing through Redweek? I haven't been able to get much help from Marriott on this, they seem to not want to "talk" about Redweek and resale.

Stephen B.
Jul 27, 2013

stephenb273 wrote:
I am currently an MVC 3500 points owner and looking to simply purchase the deeds to an additional 1,000 - 2,500 via resale on Redweek. Has anyone done this? At these points levels do they simply just lump your new purchase into your currect balance (understanding they may have different anniversary dates)? Are there any other issues I should be concerned about purchasing through Redweek? I haven't been able to get much help from Marriott on this, they seem to not want to "talk" about Redweek and resale.

Go to Timeshare Users Group (tug2.net) on the Marriott Forum. There is a lot of information on this topic there. There have not been many resales reported to date as Marriott is using ROFR on them and there are hefty fees on the transfer of the points that need to be paid to Marriott. Go to TUG for more details.

Charles S.
Sep 02, 2013

I was told today at a Marriott timeshare presentation that if you buy points on the secondary market that you only can book 60 days on advance using those points.

Arthur B.
Sep 03, 2013

arthurb82 wrote:
I was told today at a Marriott timeshare presentation that if you buy points on the secondary market that you only can book 60 days on advance using those points.

This is only partially correct. You can get full use of the points and not have a 60 day limitation. You will have to pay Marriott a fee $200 for every 250 points you buy. Then you will also have to pay Marriott an education fee of about $200. This will give you full acces to use your points without limitation.

Charles S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.