Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Harbourside Atlantis 1 Bedroom Premium

Apr 09, 2014

Wishing to sell our unit. Everytime I google resale values or how to sell it just is overwhelming. Who to trust. I have Sell My Timeshare calling and calling. I am looking for full service to help dispose of unit. Location is in Bahamas. Some of the suggestions on TUG are only for the USA. Appreciate any help on trusted services / sites to use.

Susanne C.
Apr 09, 2014

Are you referring to Sell My Timeshare Now? If so, i would not trust them as they charge a very high listing fee with no guarantee of a sale.

Have you checked E-Bay and see what units in your resort are selling for? Make sure you check completed sales as that will tell you what people are paying. Then that will give you an idea of how much to list your price.

Some good places to list a unit for sale or giveaway are here on RedWeek, the aforementioned TUG, E-Bay, My Resort Network, and Craigslist. Each one has a small listing fee. Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell your unit.

I'm not sure whether HA in Bahamas is deeded or Right-to-use (RTU). Find that out so that, if/when you find a buyer for your unit, you can know the proper transfer procedure.

Lance C.
Apr 10, 2014

What season do you own? Summer is probably going to have the best resale value and would probably be worth looking to get a broker. Winter is considered platinum but the values are a little lower. The Fall weeks (Week 33-49) have virtually no value and with the high transfer cost, you may be lucky to find someone willing to pay the transfer/closing cost (around $2000) if you give it away.

Tracey S.
Apr 11, 2014

Hi, we have a week posted to rent on Redweek.

Any suggestion on broker to use for Bahamas? Want to dispose of unit but nervous on how to proceed and who to use.

Thanks for any input

Susanne C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 11, 2014 09:09 AM

Apr 12, 2014

susannel15 wrote:
Hi, we have a week posted to rent on Redweek.

Any suggestion on broker to use for Bahamas? Want to dispose of unit but nervous on how to proceed and who to use.

HarbourSide Atlantis is a very popular resort .... if you price it right you should be able to sell it yourself on timeshare ad sites such as Redweek .... looks like most owners rent out their units as there were only two that's been sold via Redweek ads.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 14, 2014 08:02 AM

Apr 14, 2014

Hello. Thanks for all the posts. I am new and trying to learn quck. So my apologies in advance for all the dumb questions. I am looking to rent a week at Harborside. What I have found so far, is that people advertised price is not what people would rent for. This is not a good way to do business. I replied to few ads within family budget, just to get a reply that the week is being auctioned off and I am welcome to submit my bid. Waste of time, and leaves a bad taste if you ask me. Then owners want to have 100% of money upfront with nothing in exchange. No contract, no receipt. I have rented a timeshare before (Aruba, Orlando, etc) It was always done in a secure manner and mutually respected manner. I think what some owners practice will give a bad rep to Harborside and Redweek.

Roman R.
Apr 14, 2014

Hi, per my original post. I am trying to dispose of my unit at Harbourside Atlantis, 1 bedroom Premium. I am looking for some help in who to use to help with the legal aspects of the transaction. When I call the suggestions listed they do not represent Bahamas. I am looking for a company in Bahamas that can be trusted to assist. I will post the unit on Redweek once I can secure a company.

Susanne C.
Apr 14, 2014

susannel15 wrote:
Hi, per my original post. I am trying to dispose of my unit at Harbourside Atlantis, 1 bedroom Premium. I am looking for some help in who to use to help with the legal aspects of the transaction. When I call the suggestions listed they do not represent Bahamas. I am looking for a company in Bahamas that can be trusted to assist. I will post the unit on Redweek once I can secure a company.

As I stated in an earlier post, it looks like most owners there rent out their units .... only two weeks have been sold via Redweek. In this economy, even if you do try to sell it, you will get no where near what you paid the developer. You might want to go with Redweek's full service option and price it low to get attention if you merely want to get rid of it.

R P.
Apr 14, 2014

johng1259 wrote:
Hello. Thanks for all the posts. I am new and trying to learn quck. So my apologies in advance for all the dumb questions. I am looking to rent a week at Harborside. What I have found so far, is that people advertised price is not what people would rent for.

If the ad is at Redweek then you need to contact Redweek below (scroll down to bottom) if the ad price is not what it was posted so that Redweek can contact the owner as this is false advertising. As far as auctions .... Redweek does not do auctions.

I would never rent from an owner without a rental agreement in place stipulating the terms of the rental and signed by both the owner and the renter. Some owners do prefer the entire payment be sent upfront (with the signed contract) while some owners prefer to have a certain amount sent to them initially with final payment a certain amount of time before check-in.

You can 'search forums' for sample rental agreements.

R P.
Apr 14, 2014

Susannel15, There is a company called PCS holdings that advertise at harborsideclosings.com that can transfer the week. If you don't have a buyer yet, they can't help you find one though. This is a US company that works with an affiliate law firm in the Bahamas.

I am not endorsing the company and have never worked with them but know they advertise as able to process the transfer.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.