Timeshare Companies

Marriott turning over all managemant to Wyndham and will be converting everything to RCI fro Interval.

Jun 20, 2014

Has anyone heard this rumor that was given to me at a Time Share a presentation last week?

Don M.
Jun 25, 2014

donm19 wrote:
Has anyone heard this rumor that was given to me at a Time Share a presentation last week?

This is the first I have heard of it.

Charles S.
Jan 21, 2015

Which time share company presentation did you attend?

Julie B.
Jan 23, 2015

This was a Time Share resale company that was trying to buy Time Shares for very little money. I think they were from Utah, but the company name was never given to us. When they found out that we knew more about some of the Time Shares that we owned, they backed off very quickly and gave us our Dinner and we were out of there in 30 minutes.

Don

julieb698 wrote:
Which time share company presentation did you attend?

Don M.
Feb 14, 2015

Sounds like BS to me.

Steve E.
Feb 15, 2015

I haven't heard this. However, I do own at a resort in Grand Cayman called the Reef. They are becoming "affiliated" now with the Wyndham. In our "owners update" (a/k/a humiliation session), the director of sales did mention that the Reef may no longer stay with Interval International and may be only tradable with RCI. So perhaps that is because Wyndham does not participate with Interval; so if Marriott turns over their management to Wyndham, your rumor may become true. I don't know why these greedy timeshare resorts dislike Interval. They've done a great job with high-end resorts. It's all based on greed, I'm sure. Definitely not for the customer's benefit. The whole reason Marriott began their destination club program was to squeeze Interval out of their system and "encourage" their owners to only go to Marriott resorts.

donm19 wrote:

Gloria A.
Feb 15, 2015

Marriott is not turning ownership to Wyndham. Wyndham takes over management and sales for 'resorts with a fair amount of unsold inventory that they have been unable to sell. That is not what is happening with Marriott. They have been more aggressive with buyback offers and exercising ROFR then they have in the last 10 years.

At the Reef owners who refuse to pay to convert to Wyndham will in all likelihood continue with II or may have the option to use either. Only new buyers and those that convert will have to ch use RCI.

Tracey S.
Feb 15, 2015

This is in response to tracey75. That makes sense that Marriott would not get involved with Wyndham -- they are fairly big and have quite a few of their own antics to entice people to buy their inventory.

Interesting that you are so well informed. May I ask how you know about the Reef?

I stuck to my fixed weeks at the Reef and never paid for the points option. I find it ridiculous that these timeshare companies continue to find ways to get more money out of people. I paid over $60,000 for my original two weeks. I was younger and stupid with regard to timeshares and prices, etc. That's why, in your terms, I will "refuse" to pay to join Wyndham. You almost made it sound like we're the bad guy to "refuse" to pay more and join??? Is that what you think? I'm happy with Interval International. I'm surprised the Reef would lower to RCI. They berated RCI when we bought. They only wanted to be involved with Interval because those are upscale resorts in II. It's all about money. They must be getting a better deal from RCI.

Gloria A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.