Aug 26, 2014

Has anyone dealt with this group out of Oklahoma City, and John Miller?

Sadie S.
Aug 26, 2014

What do these people do and how did you contact them or they contact you ?

Don P.
Aug 26, 2014

This John Miller contacted my husband saying he had a corporate buyer for our timeshare in Mexico. Will pay 8% commission and there is a transfer fee. This sounds all too familiar to another company that contacted me in November.

Sadie S.
Aug 26, 2014

It's one of the oldest scams on here. They just want your upfront money. Once they get your money they will claim that there is another " fee " that has to be paid by you. They will keep bleeding you for more money until you stop sending it and then they will disappear into the night with your hard earned money. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare.

Don P.
Aug 26, 2014

sadies10 wrote:
This sounds all too familiar to another company that contacted me in November.

It could very well be the same people just operating under a different name. i don't know if you actually fell for their scam back in November but, if you did, then they put you on a "sucker list" and will continue to contact you under different aliases.

By the way, what you described is a typical sales spiel from these scam artists. They say they have corporate buyers lined up. That's pure bull *you know what*. corporations are not buying massive amounts of timeshares.

Typical scam artists always like to choose 8% as their commission for their alleged sale. Legitimate brokers charge at least 15% or $1000, whichever is greater.

Don P basically described how the scam works but I will add that these scam people always say "No upfront fee" but then they tell you that there is some sort of fee or tax that has to be paid before you can proceed with the sale. Once they have you practically worshiping them for finding you a buyer, they tell you that this tax has to be paid and then the typical victim, fearing that he will lose out on this sale if he does not act quickly, foolishly hands over hundreds or thousands of dollars hoping to secure a sale that does not exist.

Lance C.
Aug 28, 2014

No, I did not respond to their offer in November!

Sadie S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.