Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

No Responses to my Rental Ad

Oct 21, 2014

I advertised my Star Island Resort Kissimmee, Florida 3 Bedroom Lock Off Unit for week#10 weeks ago and have not received 1 inquiry. My price is low enough to just cover the maintenance fee and a little extra. Any ideas what might attract renters? I need it rented!!!!

Sandra M.
Oct 21, 2014

There are more timeshares in the Disney area than anywhere else in the world. It's supply and demand. The supply is huge and the demand for that particular week is low. You might have to take whatever you can get for your unit or bank your week. You can advertise for best offer.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Oct 21, 2014 03:17 PM

Oct 21, 2014

Thank you for your advice. I have advertised in other ways as well and at least hope to cover my maintenance fee, but as you suggested, I may just bank my units and use the time later. Just don't like to pay $125.00 to re-book something later on through Interval.

Sandra M.
Oct 22, 2014

In this economy many (probably most) timeshares can't be rented to cover maintenance fees .... I would keep lowering the price to where you are comfortable, or, as Don suggested, bank your week for an exchange in the future.

R P.
Oct 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate your comments.

Sandra M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.