Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Have you ever heard of this company?

Feb 22, 2015

ritab80 wrote:
There are no other timeshares in my resort to compare to so I am going to just set a reasonable price.

How many different resale sites have you checked? With many out there such as RedWeek, My Resort Network, TUG, Bidshares, Craigslist, and E-Bay, there ought to be at least one that has a listing in the resort where you own.

Lance C.
Feb 23, 2015

Both weeks are at the same resort. There are timeshares listed at those sites you mentioned which are in the same area, but none at my resort, which is in a very small building. I have cancelled the listing with SellMyTimeshareNow as of today, which I hope and pray they will do since it is in the 10 day cancellation period in their contract. I will try listing it here on RedWeek and maybe TUGS to start with.

Rita B.

Last edited by ritab80 on Feb 23, 2015 09:13 AM

Mar 16, 2015

March 16, 2015 Who started the website/company? If it's Ricardo Bell from Clarksville, TN he is changing identities faster than I thought. We have been scammed by him recently and he is using many fake names, such as:

James Mitchell Liberty Financial, 520 Broadway Santa Monica, CA Dave Shultz Resort Closing Solutions VPP Giselle Bouman

If you have been scammed like me by this jerk please contact me 781-771-1360 or the Clarksville, TN police department and ask for detective Rodney Lifsey. Be aware of every scam out there by contacting your Resort first.

Greg M.
Mar 16, 2015

Ricardo Bell from Clarksville, TN has scammed me and others out of more than $30,000. He has used many fake identities such as:

James Mitchell Liberty Financial, 520 Broadway Santa Monica, CA Dave Shultz Giselle Bouman Resort Closing Solutions VPP

Please contact me at 781-771-1360 or detective Rodney Lifsey at Clarksville, TN police department.

Greg M.
Mar 24, 2015

When you say "cancel", what do you mean? I have owned this timeshare for almost 30 years. A little late to 'cancel" 😉

Rita B.
Apr 04, 2015

check out timeshare users group www.TUG2.net to find out more about how to correctly sell a timeshare with out getting ripped off..

Go to the forums and look around especially in the buy sell rent sections.

IT Is hard and you will/could loose money, so just be prepared for that and you will do OK.

Carl N.
Apr 07, 2015

Thank you for your advice. I am currently working with Resort Closings-Donate for a Cause to get out of one of my timeshare weeks (I have two weeks) and will post my experience on this forum. As you say, it is NOT cheap to do so.

Rita B.
Apr 08, 2015

ritab80 wrote:
As you say, it is NOT cheap to do so.

There are other ways you can do so that are cheaper. However, if you feel that it is in your best interests to continue with DFAC, then by all means proceed.

Just remember, there are cheaper ways!

Lance C.
Apr 13, 2015

Yes, I was contacted by a Southbridge Rep. With an exclusive sales agreement. They had a corp. buyer in Mexico offering $40.000 for my studio. After signing the agreement and paying all fees required they keep saying the bank Santander in Mexico required more fees. Long story short I have lost several thousands of dollars and still own the timeshare. Ecrow agent in Minnesota. 1st choice title inc. People involved.

Pam Airheart James Castro both Southbridge Reps. Rita Smith Eva Luna both at 1st choice title in Minnesota.

I have hired an attorney in an effort to get my money back and start a lawsuit. If anyone else had this problem and is interested in a suit. Contact me. if this is a scam and the co. are fake, I have to suffer the lost but i don't want this to happen to anyone else. Expensive lesson learned. I also plan to report them to the local FBI office for the fraud and scam. It is to bad that there are scammers preying on good people who trusted them to sell their timeshares. I was chasing the money offered and it sounded so professional I fell for it. Never send money out of country to an elleged escrow account. I did it because I was told that all of the money was reimburseable by the buyer. I feel really stupid for trusting an falling for this scam.

Raymond T.
Apr 13, 2015

Problem is, the names you have probably aren't real and the office is a prepaid cell phone and a mail drop box. They will probably sell your name to another scam company who will guarantee to get your money back for an upfront fee, change their name, prepaid throw away phone and get a new drop box and start over.

Tracey S.
Apr 30, 2015

Oh I am glad I checked in this website, because someone called us too!

Allen T.

Last edited by allent35 on Apr 30, 2015 02:08 PM

May 01, 2015

What did this company offer you?

Oh, and BTW, I'm glad too that you checked out this site before proceeding with a cold caller.

Lance C.
May 01, 2015

Has anyone heard of Nationwide Transfers? They approached us to get out of our timeshare and wanted to meet with us at a local hotel. To make that appointment we had to give them a $40 deposit (to be sure we'd show up) and it would be refunded once we met with them???

Carole J.
May 01, 2015

Sounds like it is going to be a hard sell to convince you that your timeshare is worthless and you should pay them a large fee to take it off your hands and/or they will take your timeshare, give you a trade in value towards a vacation club. Either way, their goal is to get you to leave the room with a contract to pay them $3000-$6000 and then they may or may not actually transfer your current timeshare out of your name.

Tracey S.
May 04, 2015

I received calls and an email with a "contract" last Friday with an offer for my timeshare. As they say, if it looks too good to be true, it is. I was first called by a Bill Harris, who had both of my phone numbers and my email address. I was then called by Alexander Lucas, both saying they are with Liberty Financial in Santa Monica, CA. There is a website wealthy1.wix.com but I cannot tell when it was created, and there is a big office building at 520 Broadway. The supposed buyers names are listed but the address is not "to protect their privacy" - guessing they don't exist. The "contract" also states that I will wire 10% of the offer price to a TD Bank escrow account, to be held until the Title clears and refunded to me at closing. I scheduled a meeting with an attorney but I am probably wasting everyones time. The only way they could have the info and the offer price is because I stupidly paid International Timeshare Network a commission in advance almost 4 years ago. That company was shut down by the Florida Attorney General so I will be filing a complaint with them. I also left a msg at my resort to see if they have received any other inquiries. Beware!

Cj H.
May 04, 2015

No legitimate contract would make a seller put any money into an escrow account. There is nothing a seller needs to pay upfront to a company that has already found a buyer. All commission money should come from the back end out of the buyers money.

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on May 04, 2015 06:33 PM

May 05, 2015

Thanks for the confirmation. I seemed very odd that I had to put $ in escrow.

Cj H.
May 13, 2015

Hello, I have also been scammed by this company, they are GOOD! Fake offices, fake bank into, fake everything but done really well. I would be interested in pressing charges as well. I plan to further expose this as much as possible to keep this from Thanks

Leanne H.
May 13, 2015

Your best bet now would be to report this to the Attorney-General of the state in which this company is located. There should be a pinned thread (unless it's been recently removed) with the online addresses of the various states' Attorneys-General where you can file a complaint online.

Whatever you do, do not pay any other scam artist upfront money to try to retrieve the money you were already bilked out of. Also, there are many people coming in these forums soliciting victims of these timeshare resale scams to try to form a class action suit. Beware of these too.

Lance C.
Jul 01, 2015

Update as of July 1 2015; I was contacted by : *Alexander Lucas* - Senior Loan Officer *Liberty Financial* - Santa Monica, CA. 90401 Direct line- 424-259-0943 Fax- 888-951-2726 800-991-3935 ext 502

He got offended when I began asking a lot of questions, at the end he just stated that I was foolish.

Shane P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.