Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Preston Green / Vacation Homes Only FRAUD Warning

Jun 25, 2015

Dear "danan46"and Forum readers:

While we did have to make some adjustments to this families lodging situation, it was not because of any mistake or Mal-intent on our part. We were trying to accommodate a member of the family with an ADA (Handicapped) unit which we take pride in specializing in. The family had contacted us over the months leading up to their vacation expressing how important it was that they were assigned an ADA compliant unit.

All requests a subject to the resort room assignment managers and they will not guarantee anything. We always work closely with these departments to achieve our goals of making our clients comfortable.

In this situation, the only way we could guarantee the ADA compliant status for their family member was to break the unit up and have the two pieces assigned as close together as possible. We were trying to do the right thing especially in light of their repeated calls to impress upon us how important the ADA compliant unit was. We had to make a hard choice to keep the unit together with no ADA compliant but only "generally handicap accessible" or to have at least one part of the unit be ADA Compliant.

We certainly regret the inconvenience and wanted to do our best and the right thing.

Thank you.

Vacation Homes Only

Preston G.
Jun 25, 2015

There are NO horror stories.

With all due respect, it is not right for you to mis-characterize and sensationalize these matters.

A horror story is showing up to your vacation and not having a unit. A horror story is being ripped off by a criminal. A horror story is not having a company there for you to make things right IF there is a problem or discrepancy. None of that is happening, has happened, or will happen to any of our clients.

Be fair and truthful in these forums. It does no one any good to lie, mis-characterize, or sensationalize for your own entertainment.

Happy Travels

Vacation Homes Only

Preston G.
Jun 25, 2015

Dear Forum Posters and Readers,

All of these inquires have already or are being dealt with.

"margareth277" -Settled -Refund/Adjustment Paid

"ferneg" -Settled -Refund/Adjustment Paid

"danan46" - Responded to Complaint

"jasons139" - Pursuing the unit "owner" for refund/compensation and "Contract Breach of Agreement" on behalf of Renter and VHO.

We are also going to be reporting the "Abuse" going on in these Forums: the misinformation, taking things out of context, the libelous and slanderous nature of some comments, and character assassination.

Nothing wrong with legitimate complaints, all companies have them.

Libel and slander will not be tolerated, will be reported, and in several cases, individuals who do not modify their comments, will be pursued to the full extent of the law.

Happy Travels.

Vacation Homes Only

Preston G.
Jun 26, 2015

I have a question, and this is for you and for other brokers who take money for a reservation and don't immediately have the owner put the reservation in the renters name. Why is this? I had a unit up for rent and was contacted by a broker. Within 24 hours of receiving a deposit, I placed the unit in the name of the client of the broker and was able to email out a confirmation and confirmation number in the clients name and I was paid the full amount of my advertised rental price within the week as agreed upon 8 months prior to the start of the reservation. While having a reservation in the owners name doesn't guarantee that the owner won't cancel, it would seem that it would give your clients some peace of mind. The client could check weekly or daily for that matter and would know in advance if their was a problem with a change in size of the unit or a cancellation. Having a confirmed reservation also alleviates the problem you mentioned about owners booking the wrong dates or the wrong size.

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on Jun 26, 2015 07:19 AM

Jun 26, 2015

It's very easy Tracey. Unscrupulous brokers take people's money claiming they have the unit the customers wants and then hopes by the time of the vacation they will have what they want. They will promise you anything to get your money and then come up with excuses when they fail. By this time it's too late to dispute the charge with your credit card company. Then they ad insult to injury and claim it's the owners fault. Look at Tonya Williams at Dream Condos. She played the shell game for over ten years and then finally filed for bankruptcy when her Ponzi scheme collapsed. These brokers and vacation clubs are like a house of cards. I challenge Preston Green to give us the location where his business is located and what state is he licensed to do business and post his business license to have verified. If he refuses then nobody should ever do business with him ever again and all companies should refuse to let him advertise on their sites.

I have also seen over the years in here that the more the person rants the bigger the fraud they are. Florida State Consumer Affairs just issued a warning this month about doing business with vacation brokers and vacation clubs. There is a huge problem with fraud and misrepresentation.

I would never do business with Preston Green after reading the horror stories about his so called business. Feel free to sue me too Preston. I also have an attorney. I would advise you to ask your attorney about " frivolous lawsuits " and " abuse of process " that you can be sued for by people you try to intimidate with threats of lawsuits. Bring it on Preston you big bag of wind.

Don P.
Jun 26, 2015

Tracey you are right. They should put it in the renter's name immediately when money is paid. That is general practice. That would certainly make the renter feel more secure about the rental process. The replies by VHO threatening legal action is ridiculous and makes them look like the petty and argumentative company and individuals that they are. Really sad.

Trent P.
Jun 26, 2015

I cannot believe "Preston Green / Vacation Homes Only" release this information as a badge of honor.

This list is not anything to be proud of.

These people below are all who had problems and were only partially compensated for their troubles.

Yes, most of their outside costs were covered.

But if you have a one week vacation where you need to be on the phone for hours, then spend almost one days moving rooms and then you need to spend hours and wait months to get partially refund/compensation. WOW.

I have rented directly from owners more than 20 times and have never had a problem. I have created a bunch of friends.

Also I never fully compensation a owner until my name was on the timeshare unit. Why does this not work for a broker.

Below is the list of SHAME:

"margareth277" -Settled -Refund/Adjustment Paid

"ferneg" -Settled -Refund/Adjustment Paid

"danan46" - Responded to Complaint

"jasons139" - Pursuing the unit "owner" for refund/compensation and "Contract Breach of Agreement" on behalf of Renter and VHO.

BEWARE and good LUCK "danan46" and "jasons139" Please keep us informed on what happens.

Paul P.
Jun 27, 2015

I agree. If that was a list of people who had problems in the last 5 years, it would be one thing. I believe that it is a list of people in the last 6-8 months with what seems like an average of 3 plus months to settle. It certainly doesn't inspire any kind of confidence in this person. I would expect that if my contract was with the broker and there was a legitimate problem with the delivery of the contracted product, the broker would make it whole within 30 days maximum. If legal action has to be taken against the contracted provider than the broker would have to pursue that at his/her time and expense. Refunds and settlement to the renter should not be contingent on compensation from the provider even if the provider breached the contract with the broker.

Tracey S.
Jun 27, 2015

Exactly, Tracey. I hope people heed these warnings.

Margaret H.
Jul 08, 2015

I was fortunate enough to never enter into a deal with Preston Green. He might be the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with , I would suggest anyone & everyone to steer clear of this guy.

Everett B.
Aug 16, 2015

Not sure if any of you have seen this but their is another Topic on the Forums: "Anyone have experience with Preston Green or Americap International Corp" my opinion not a very good one you should look it up and make up you own mind. More than 57,000 views.

Paul P.
Feb 22, 2016

Hi! I as well contacting Preston Green to rent a condo in Florida. I'm glad I trusted my gut and checked him out here! Thank you!

Brenda K.

Last edited by brendak217 on Feb 23, 2016 08:26 AM

Feb 22, 2016

There are plenty of better options out there I would advise everyone to use any of them over Preston/VH.

Everett B.
Feb 23, 2016

I agree with everet. If you like high pressure and do not care if you pay a higher price and it takes longer to get a reservation. I have rented from over 20 different owners (not brokers like PRESTON GREEN) and never had a problem. When I had contacted Preston earlier, It was high pressure and a higher price. I did not use him because I found much better deal from a owner.

everettb12 wrote:
There are plenty of better options out there I would advise everyone to use any of them over Preston/VH.

Paul P.
Feb 24, 2016

I don't understand how he collects payment immediately via pay pal when he rents out a unit, (and will not accept a credit card,'*****RED FLAG****** And yet, when Preston agreed to sublet my unit (by HIS CHOICE) and collect another $2000 from someone else, I have yet to be paid? The agreement was made on December 2, 2015. The unit was rented the week of January 2, 2016. It is now February 24, 2016 and after numerous phone calls and emails and him telling me "the check is in the mail", I have yet to be paid. Now I have a lawyer and considering a class action suit. It is a shame that Red Week allows him to be on the sight. People love RedWeek. Because of Preston Green I will never go through RedWeek again. Looking forward to Preston's reply. Or is it "in the mail?"

Donna R.
Feb 24, 2016

Well said. I learned my lesson the hard way with Preston Green.

Donna R.
Mar 16, 2016

Donna please update. Have you heard from Preston or been paid yet? He needs to be reported to Redweek. Sorry you're having to go though this.

Hawaii Week
Mar 17, 2016

I finally did receive the check for $2000. It took three months to receive it, 7 phone calls and three separate times of him asking me for my address. The check cleared.

Donna R.
Mar 19, 2016

Wonder if he would let you take 3 months to pay him?

Paul P.
Mar 19, 2016

I'm still waiting for the response from Preston Green to the challenge - Please post where you are located and which state are you licensed in. Hmmm....suddenly the immediate and accusatory responses have stopped. Lol!

Margaret H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.