Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

How do I rent out Developer Weeks?

Mar 03, 2015

When I purchased my Timeshare at Playa Grande Resort in Cabo San Lucas I was given 3 Developer Weeks. The weeks aren't "Free" but are in addition to my purchased weeks. There are some black-out dates and it says you can only reserve up to 90-days in advance. Has anyone used these type of weeks and/or rented them out?

Shannon G.
Mar 04, 2015

Make sure you have the ability and authority to rent them out. Keep in mind that there is very little demand for rentals in Mexico right now.

If you want to rent any out, advertise them for rent here on RedWeek or other reputable timeshare websites such as My Resort Network, E-Bay, Craigslist, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"), or Bid Shares.

Be realistic in what you expect as a price. Often rentals in Mexico, if they do get rented out, are rented out for less than what the owner pays in maintenance fees. So don't be surprised if your ads get no bona fide inquiries.

And whatever you do, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to rent out, sell, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Anyone who asks for an upfront fee, especially if he promises he can fetch you thousands of dollars, is a scam artist.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.