Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Trying to sell a timeshare and problem with the title

May 12, 2015

I"m trying to sell a timeshare but the title search showed a loan. The loan was paid off 30 years ago but never reconveyed. This was an inheritance so there is no paper trail and the banks that held the loan no longer exist. My escrow agent said you can apply to the FDIC to see if they will cover it and we did but they said they won't. Any ideas on what to do now. I would like to get this timeshare sold and the buyer wants to buy it but we have this road block.

Tim W.
Jun 05, 2015

Selling a timeshare is one of the most difficult things to do, because there are a lot of people trying to sell it, and a few wanting to buy. But if you are decided to do that, you must be very well informed about everything!

Mark G.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 05, 2015 03:24 PM

Jul 19, 2015

Not always the case.

Sometimes it can be difficult because the owner(s) wants far more for the unit than it's worth.

They would rather keep paying those maintenance fees year in and year out.

If they would simply agree to pay the closing costs and transfer fees, price it at a minimal amount and not several thousands dollars, they could be rid of it.

There are buyers out there.

Dean B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.