Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Past due maintenance fees, taxes, etc.

May 21, 2015

Hello, I am new to this. I did some quick searching and could not find an answer to this question: If I buy a timeshare on this site, is there any guarantee from Redweek that I would not be buying into any undisclosed past due maint fees or taxes, or anything else. From what I gather, that is a discussion that takes place between the buyer and seller....but how can a buyer know for sure.

Sorry if this has been addressed a million times already....I just could not find it.

David B.
May 21, 2015

Ask for a copy of the estoppel. This is a letter from the resort that says what the current owner owns and if the account is up to date at the time the estoppel is written. California is a state that bills taxes separate from MF's. There may be others. I believe you can check with the county to see if the taxes are up to date using the owner;s name.

Tracey S.
Dec 26, 2018

Hi! I am trying to pay a timeshare maintenance fee that's past its due date. Does anyone know who to call?

Bert
Dec 26, 2018

John H: You would need to contact the owner services department at your timeshare company or resort. You can do a google search for your resort's contact information if you are having trouble locating it.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.