Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Your honest thoughts and opinions

Jun 22, 2015

Parkway International Resort, Kissimmee, FL Week of the Year: 52 Maintenance Fees: $624 Number of Bedrooms: 2 Usage: Annual Price: $35

Good buy or bad buy? Chances of renting to cover maintenances fees?

Any and all thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Dean B.
Jun 22, 2015

I don't think it would be a huge money maker but I think you can rent out a 2 br week 52 at a second string resort for $650 and maybe even $700 without too much trouble. I own a 3 br l/o at Summerbay with a mf about $860 and I can usually rent the 2 br side in the $700 range without too much trouble. This year I have the whole 3 br rented out by May. I don't think Parkway International has too many amenities so that is a negative but still there are just so many people who go to Orlando during their holidays. I am also waiting on an Orange Lake week 52 3 br to close. Sometimes resorts give you week 53 to use when there is one. That is an added bonus.

Are you looking to use most years and to rent out occasionally or to rent out and use or deposit occasionally? Personally I like larger units at resorts with a little more to do. If you wait and are patient you could probably find something better for close to the same out of pocket cost.

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on Jun 22, 2015 02:08 PM

Jun 22, 2015

More either rent or deposit.

Dean B.
Jun 22, 2015

Do you own any other II affiliated resorts? Any RCI? I own both and RCI really gives good bang for the buck for an Orlando week 52 and for a lock out week 52 almost twice as much. In II, an Orlando non Marriott or Sheraton, even a week 52 gets ok trading power but really it is a very average exchanger. If you already own something that exchanges with II and are already paying the membership fee, you might want to stick with an II resort. Otherwise an RCI Orlando week 52 will give you more trading power and for the most part more exchanges. The only thing with an RCI Orlando week is it would not be eligible to exchange into DVC which to some is a big deal.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.