Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

What if I decide to rent my reserved weeks from my Starwood family resort

Aug 16, 2015

I reserved two separate 2-bedroom lock-offs during December at the Atlantis Harborside Resort. I was hoping to have a family reunion use the full 16-person capacity for the two reservations. I'm starting to get feedback from family that it may not work for everyone. Can I put the two 2bedroom lock-off reservation weeks up for rent? I secured the reservations through my Starwood home group, but I actually own at Maui Kaanapali Ocean Resorts North. Would that make a difference in renting? I'm a newbie at this and I don't want to even consider it if it isn't okay. Thanks!

Teresa G.
Aug 18, 2015

It has always been against Starwood rules to rent out SVN reservations not at your home resort. People do it all the time and for years Starwood has turned a blind eye. In the last 6 or so months Starwood has had a more aggressive stand against renting SVN staroption reservations at resorts other than home resort. If you reserve or add a guest name online you have to click on the box saying you know you can not rent SVN reservations and that you acknowledge that the reservation is for personal (self, family and friends) use and not for commercial purposes. If you call up most agents won't mention the restriction so some feel it is ok since they never clicked on anything acknowledging that they would not rent.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.