Jan 14, 2016

First time using redweek, have a few questions, looking for something in Hawaii in February, have responded to a few posts. How do I know what is a fair price for a unit?? Are most renters set in stone on the price or is there some movement? Is there a way to tell if it is a owner or broker?

Dana T.
Jan 15, 2016

I would go directly to the resort online, see if available, and see how much it would cost to book direct from them for the same type unit. If this saves you money, it's a good deal ! They have it, and you don't. Supply and demand . You can always try to barter , all they can say is no. It cost big money to own in Hawaii. I typically can save you 40% o 60% from hotel/ timeshare price , yet they will sell them out at top dollar. I have non in Hawaii.

Dave
Jan 23, 2016

I am an owner. When I can't use my unit in CABO SAN LUCAS at PLAYA GRANDE I rent out the unit for my annual fee, or $100 above. It is a bargain and rents within a day when I put up the ad.

I think renting directly from an owner is the way to go. Just beware, do your research on the value....which is very easy to do. I meet the renter and/or talk to them extensively on the phone. I have been lucky that I have always found a person living in my own state that is interested. That way I can meet them. I have a "right to use" contract that all renters of my unit sign and I sign. Ask for 1/2 cash of the rental price for the commitment ... which is NON-REFUNDABLE. The balance of the rental is due 2 weeks prior to the rental date. I also ask $100 deposit which is refunded after the unit has been vacated. I return the deposit 7 days after the renters vacate the unit so I know there has been no damage. This gives you a little info. Good luck

Cheryl P.

Last edited by cherylp52 on Jan 23, 2016 07:51 PM

Mar 02, 2016

We own one week every even year, we have never stayed in our resort, have always deposited into RCI. I was wondering how successful people are in renting their timeshares, we are not using our timeshare this year so can't decide between depositing with RCI or trying to rent on redweek.com. We own at Grand Beach Resort in Orlando. Any info is appreciated.

Christa C.
Mar 02, 2016

Christa,

You can go to this page to view the rental data for your resort: What's My Timeshare Worth

If you have further questions, please Contact Us

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 03, 2016

christac6 wrote:
I was wondering how successful people are in renting their timeshares, we are not using our timeshare this year so can't decide between depositing with RCI or trying to rent on redweek.com. We own at Grand Beach Resort in Orlando.

Success in renting out your unit depends on a number of factors. One is the price. Check to see what similar units are renting for and price yours accordingly and competitively.

Second, the demand based on unit size, time of year, location, etc. For instance, a 2-BR unit in Maui during Christmas will fetch a lot more attention and money than a Studio in Las Vegas during September.

The third is where you advertise. RedWeek is definitely a good start. Some other possibilities are Craigslist, E-Bay, My Resort Network, and Timeshare Users Group to name a few. But whatever you do, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to rent out (or sell,market, or "cancel") your timeshare.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.