Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

can i convert a week at Orange Lake Resort in the Holiday Inn system to points without purchasing more points ?

Jun 30, 2016

I want to convert my Week7 at West Village to points. do i have to buy more points to do this or only pay a fee?

Carolyn H.
Jun 30, 2016

You have to pay a fee to convert to points, sometimes they make you buy another week to do this.

Many just use the week and deposit it into RCI or a exchange co like Dial An Exchange for more flexibility.

Many of us will rent weeks for about the same cost of owning with no other obligations Hine site I wish I found these sights befor I bought Dave

Dave
Jul 01, 2016

They offer different deals at different locations. I believe at any of the villages in Orlando, the cost to convert would be a new purchase with a minimum cost of $8000. This would probably be a worthless studio with high MF's.

Tracey S.
Aug 08, 2016

I bought a conversion to add 2 units I bought on the secondary market. I had a specific plan. It was to go from Premier to Elite level. Getting into the HIVC system is worthwhile to me. I was tired of RCI's changing rules. I can still us RCI when I want, but enjoy HIVC resorts.

Also, one of the units I bought on the secondary market is a Las Vegas unit. They have lower maintenance fees there.

Roger G.

Last edited by rogerg112 on Aug 08, 2016 07:02 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.