Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Newbie Asking re Rental of my Timeshare Grand Solmar Cabo San Lucas

Dec 11, 2017

I just signed up to this site/membership 5 days ago and listed my 7night timeshare for rental (also 5 days ago) at a significantly discounted price. I have not yet gotten any inquiries. Have you gotten good responses listing on this site? - I just have no idea so am asking around. Thank you.

Jeannette L.
Dec 11, 2017

Many people get good responses here on RedWeek. Keep in mind that rentals in Cabo are a dime a dozen unless you have a prime holiday week booked.

Also, you might have to wait until closer to check-in time before serious inquiries come.

Lance C.
Dec 11, 2017

very helpful input, thank you. Yes my week is Dec. 16-23rd, 2017... a prime week and getting close...

Jeannette L.
Dec 11, 2017

jeannettel26 wrote:
Yes my week is Dec. 16-23rd, 2017... a prime week and getting close...

You can also advertise on Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) for free on Last Minute Rentals. You just have to price it at $700 for the week or less.

Lance C.
Dec 12, 2017

jeannettel26 wrote:
... my week is Dec. 16-23rd, 2017... a prime week and getting close...

Likely much TOO close, with all due respect. You are advertising a rental that begins just a very few days from today. Where foreign travel is involved, people generally make plans and airline reservations more than just a very few days in advance, particularly during holiday season, since last minute air travel reservations can be obscenely expensive and / or already fully booked --- a much bigger issue and obstacle than your rental price.

When you pay for a rental ad on RedWeek, it can be "up" for six months. RedWeek is a great site to advertise (or find) timeshare rentals and I wish you luck with yours, but I respectfully suggest that in the future you consider posting your rental ads weeks or months in advance --- not just a very few DAYS before the occupancy date.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 12, 2017 04:12 AM

Dec 12, 2017

great tip, thank you

Jeannette L.
Dec 12, 2017

Thanks for your input, very helpful. (Yes I admit I totally forgot about this timeshare till very recently - due to heavy work schedule).

Jeannette L.
Dec 12, 2017

Week 50 or the full week before Christmas is not considered prime time. The week after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas is actually considered one of the slowest time for Mexico and the Caribbean as people are saving their time off for the actual holidays and are too busy to travel. It does pick up a little on your week but generally only by those staying more than a single week.

Add to that a rental with less than 2 weeks notice to a fly to destination (now 4 days) it is unlikely to rent for anything other.

I know this won't help now but your add is good for a few months so after check in day you might want to change it over to start advertising you week for 2018.

Tracey S.
Dec 13, 2017

very very helpful thank you for those tips. what would be the prime season week(s) for Cabo ?

Jeannette L.
Dec 13, 2017

Prime season is week 51 as long as it includes Christmas- every couple of years it is the week before. Week 52 as it usually includes New Year and if it doesn't it includes Christmas. Demand drops off for the first 1-3 weeks in January and although popular not as popular as late January though March. The week before and after Easter are also popular even when they fall in April.

Tracey S.
Dec 17, 2017

thank you again for your tip re TUG !! mine got rented very last minute (1 day before) thru that site at around $900. Will definitely list way ahead next time.

Jeannette L.
Jun 05, 2022

Is there a prime time for Rancho San Lucas since it’s so far out of town?

Reed M.
Jul 10, 2022

There is a new company out of NY owned by two young guys. They are looking for people who want to rent out their timeshares. I thin it is called go-koala or something like that. They only charge 8% commission after sold.

W. R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.