The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

Which buildings do you reccomend? Our...

Sep 26, 2019

Which buildings do you reccomend? Our first time visiting the property and I'd like to request a nice location if possible Thank you

Sylvia P.
Dec 06, 2019

Oceanfront Deluxe in the South (Original) complex guarantees you are straight on facing the ocean, there are no people or buildings between you and the view. The South OFD rooms are nearly 1800sf (huge) and located on corners so you get tons of light and a 270 degree view, plus two Lanais, one of which is a double and has loungers and a dining table overlooking the ocean, rather than potentially just a Juliet balcony / mini balcony in the other units at EITHER. The South complex has larger rooms, a more open feel and is more luxe. There is covered parking beneath the South buildings, so even Ground level units are raised up for privacy and safety. The North has a bigger shop and a livelier beach bar. In the North, the Oceanfront units are NOT straight on to the ocean and do not have such luxe Lanais. They can even be located at walk-out level, and behind activity stands! Many North rooms are accessed from open concrete walkways, like a motel ... in the South room access is all enclosed and carpeted.

Janet S.

Last edited by janets24 on Dec 06, 2019 08:21 AM

Jun 15, 2020

By far I have been going there for years and the only building is the south side. There is a huge pool, tons of view from everywhere and open and spacious. The rooms are bigger. North is like a dark maze in the hallway. The buildings are so close together you don't eve see the ocean. Not like the south.

Iris G.
Jan 15, 2021

The "South" complex is referred to as the "Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas" (buildings 1 -4), while the "North" complex has "North" tacked on the end of its name (buildings 5 -8) and is considered a separate resort on Redweek. Across the combined resorts, I would rate the locations basically in the following order of desirability: 1. South Oceanfront (buildings 2 and 3). These are some of the largest and best rooms in the Westin system and directly face the ocean with no structures between the units and the beach. All these units have huge lanais as well. Each floor has 3 lock-off oceanfront units, with the two corners referred to as “Oceanfront Deluxe”. These units have windows on two sides of the living area providing panoramic ocean views. The studio portion of the deluxe lock-off is on the side of the building, with a lanai inset on the ocean-facing side. This configuration allows for windows on two walls for an ocean view throughout most of the extra large studio. The center oceanfront units are standard sized units and directly face the ocean in all rooms. 2. North oceanfront (buildings 5 and 8). These units are on a 45 degree angle to the ocean, and some of the lower units have structures in between them and the ocean. Other than the view, the north rooms are basically the same throughout the resort. The rooms are somewhat smaller than the south rooms. 3. This one is a harder call as to whether to which is best. The resort classifies floors 3 and above of buildings 2, 3, and part of 4 (in south) and part of 7 (in the north) as ocean view. The south has more variability in terms of location desirability, so it depends upon the actual room location. Building 7 ocean view rooms are fairly consistent, kind of in the middle of the spectrum and open onto an open space area, making for a quite location. Also note that the studios in the south building, with the exception of the deluxe and endcap rooms, only have a “French” balcony and not a full lanai. The studios in the north property all have small lanais. 4. The remaining resort view rooms at north in buildings 5 – 7 are all reasonable, no parking lot views. 5. The worst location is the island view (i.e., parking lot) rooms in building 4 (south).

Randall V.

Last edited by randallv13 on Jul 17, 2021 07:20 PM

Sep 16, 2023

I agree with Iris above. South building has nice straight hallways like a hotel. The North can be a concrete maze. I owned in the North and bought another in the South. Views are trully Ocean Front in the South in the North most are at an angle. Maintance fees in the South are larger. If you are a hang at the pool or pool bar person than you might like the North.

Kathryn K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.