General Discussion

Request to book not being answered

May 27, 2021

What to do when you have made requests and inquiries about a rental and you do not get a reply?

Margaret S.
May 27, 2021

Margaret: First of all, check your spam folder. We find this is commonly an issue when replies are not received. If a reply is not in your spam and it have been longer than 48 hours since you inquired, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page and send the posting number you are inquiring about . We will be happy to follow up with the owner.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 27, 2021

Thank you very much! I did check my spam....nothing there. Also, would any reply show in my messages here at Redweek? They have in the past when we have rented timeshares but I do not see any from either of the listings I inquired about this past week. I will give it another day.

Thanks, again, Margaret

Margaret S.
May 27, 2021

If the owner responds directly from their email, then you will not get the reply in your RedWeek message box. You will get a copy in your message box (as well as your email) if the owner replies from the RedWeek message box.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 12, 2021

Can Redweek please post names of renters to avoid who do NOT return emails?

I think Redweek is a 2 way street. Redweek offers a service to rent, sell, etc. and verifies or does not verify. Redweek should also have an obligation to protect potential renters even if it is not verified. I have been issues with renters the past few months......I am not sure if the property they are renting is getting in an "I will give you more than asking price" bidding war but I have lost contact with 2 owners who fell off the planet. I will spare their names at this moment. Redweek, please follow-up with a response to this issue. Do you have a place where we can rate owners?

Concerned, Sean L

Sean L.
Jul 12, 2021

Sean: Our management team discussed a rating system, but ended up deciding against it since they felt new posters or owners with only one timeshare to rent each year would be put at a disadvantage. They would have few or no reviews, while timeshare brokers using our website would have many reviews and ratings.

If the owner chooses not to have RedWeek verify their posting, it is a do-it-yourself posting and RedWeek is not involved in the process. If the owner uses the RedWeek full-service option, then the renter is assured of a prompt response as well as a safe transaction.

Even though we do not get involved in the do-it-yourself process, we will follow up with an unresponsive DIY owner if the potential renter has not received a response after 48 hours and contacts us with the posting number.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 19, 2023

I have tried 3 times to respond to the request to book my rental and have not received a response, could this be a prank? How can I check? I have not received a email.

Jean R.
Mar 19, 2023

I have tried 3 times to respond to a request to rent my unit without an answer. I have not received an email. Could this be a prank? How can I check?

Jean R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.