Ask RedWeek

Cancellation

Jun 11, 2021

Can a timeshare sale or rental be cancelled at any time?

Carroll
Jun 12, 2021

Your question is quite vague, but in regard to your specific reference to "at any time", the answer is a resounding NO. Cancellation of any rental is always subject to the specific terms of the agreement associated with a particular rental.

Cancellation of a purchase of a timeshare from a developer is allowed only during a very specific period identified by applicable state law. In the U.S., that time period can be as short as 3 days or as long as 10 days, depending upon the individual state in which the contract was executed. In most states, the rescission (cancellation) period is 5-7 days after contract execution.

With the noteworthy exception of the state of Florida, which allows a 10 calendar days cancellation period for either developer direct or resale timeshare purchases, I am not aware of rescission (cancellation) rights existing at all in any other states for resale (i.e., not developer-direct) timeshare sales.

Hopefully, some of the information above helps to answer your question.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 12, 2021 02:13 PM

Jun 16, 2021

I would like to cancel subscription. How do i do this?

Dave N.
Jun 16, 2021

Please email support@redweek.com or use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 30, 2021

What if I decide to keep my week after listing it for rent with Redweek. Can I cancel the posting at any time?

Carol M.
Sep 30, 2021

Carol: Yes, you can cancel your posting any time you would like, however there are no refunds once the posting has been activated.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 10, 2021

What is the policy on cancelling a timeshare rental within 30 days of rental?

ghh9
Nov 10, 2021

garyh565 wrote:
What is the policy on cancelling a timeshare rental within 30 days of rental?

That depends on what the contract says. Did you sign a contract for the rental?

Lance C.
Nov 23, 2021

My renter cancelled at 70 days before the checkin. I am getting 50% of the rental and the renter is refunded 50%. Redweek is paying me my share 2 days after the contracted check in date? Why wouldn’t I get paid now if the renter is getting refunded promptly?

Donna J.
Nov 25, 2021

Donna: Because a legal rental agreement is in place, we always disburse funds per the terms of that agreement.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 17, 2024

How do I remove a rental listing?

Jeff B.
Jan 17, 2024

jeffb1233 wrote:
How do I remove a rental listing?

Easy.

1. Sign in to RedWeek.

2. Find your listing by clicking on "My Postings" (at the top of the page). This will bring up your listing(s).

3. Under your listing of interest, find "Status" (which will show as ACTIVE). Change from ACTIVE by selecting the other option, which is DEACTIVATE.

Poof -- your listing will be gone!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 17, 2024 10:30 AM

Mar 05, 2024

Please cancel my order with Wyndham I sold my points myself Thank you ,Robert Colburn

Robert C.
Mar 05, 2024

robertc2226 wrote:
Please cancel my order with Wyndham I sold my points myself Thank you ,Robert Colburn

I don't understand at all what you mean by "my order with Wyndham". If you mean that you currently have a listing on RedWeek, then you will have to log in, go to "My Postings" and simply change the listing status from "active" to "deactivate" and your listing will be gone immediately. Simple and quick. Merely posting a message in these discussion forums about an (unidentified) listing will not accomplish anything.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 21, 2024 04:56 AM

Mar 20, 2024

I asked to rent a 3 bedroom but the owner has not replied for 8 days. I am giving up on the owner, Do I need to do anything with my request to him?

Jerry C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.