Ask RedWeek

Point Info in Advertisements on Redweek

Jun 09, 2022

It isn't easy to see how many points an advertisement has to offer when looking at Redweek ads. The buyer must click and open each ad to see any point information. Points are a Big part of timeshare ownerships and need top be displayed just like bedrooms, maintenance fees or asking price. Disney, Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott use points. To best serve the buyer the point info needs to be displayed and easy to see. A buyer has to click open every ad to see any points info and that isn't easy. Please add a field to display the points and better serve all of your clients. Slow and cumbersome!

Please help me understand why this hasn't ben addressed already?

Time To Share Realty - Melissa Dann, Lic. Real Estate Broker

Last edited by melissad604 on Jun 09, 2022 12:10 PM

Jun 09, 2022

Melissa: If you visit our points resale pages, you can easily view the number of points the owner is selling upfront along with then number of points that have been banked. Just go to Timeshare Companies and then click on the timeshare company name to browse for current point resales. There is a column to view the points allotment and a column for banked points.

If you need any further assistance, please use the "Contact Us" link near the bottom of any page: Contact Us

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 09, 2022 03:09 PM

Jun 10, 2022

I followed your directions and went to the Hilton page. I'm trying to look at points for Kings' Land so I click the Kings' Land resort link. This takes me to a page and shows no point information. As a buyer this makes it difficult to find what I'm looking for. Most buyers will "search" and when you do a Redweek search no points information is displayed. Hilton and Kings' Land are point based ownerships. How is a buyer to know they have to go to a "Timeshare Companies" page and even then the point information isn't available unless you click, open and then close every single advertisement on the page. If there are 8 ads and I can't see points information I can open each one or just leave out of frustration.

Does Redweek not classify HGVC as a "points resales"?

Don't we want the ads to be buyer friendly? I know I do and we'd like to list more properties on Redweek.

There are a lot of things that we like about Redweek! Maybe this can be improved to better assist buyers and sellers?

Jun 10, 2022

Melissa: Thank you for your feedback. When reading your comments, I realized I mistakenly provided the long way to find point resales. Under "Book a Trip" near the top of any page, there is an option for Timeshare Points. Just click on that and then enter the name of the timeshare company. That will bring you to the point resale list much quicker, including the list of point resales for HGVC: Timeshare Points

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 10, 2022 10:49 AM

Jun 13, 2022

Thank you very much. Unfortunately that still doesn't help.

Try searching for a Grand Islander By Hilton. I need to see prices for a Platinum ownership with 23,040 points per year. How can I easily find it? That is what a buyer is looking for when they want to buy HGVC. The season and number of points are what tells you the ownership actually is. A 2 bedroom could be any number of points from 5800 to 24000. So with out being able to see the points I have to click, open and close every 2 bedroom unit listed. It's time consuming and can't help facilitate sales. Disney...points. Marriott....points. Hilton and Hyatt...points. Westin also is points so it would be great if we could see the points easily. If I'm wasting our time I apologize. I know changes are not essay but this seems like it should be looked at.

Jun 13, 2022

Thank you Melissa. I have passed your feedback on to our management team.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 13, 2022

I received a message from our management team saying they, and our site designers, will be looking at ways to better handle point resales. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your suggestions.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 14, 2022

Thank you for looking into this and I appreciate your help!

Jun 14, 2022

My pleasure Melissa.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.