Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Marriotts in Park City comparison and booking availability

May 10, 2023

I'm considering purchasing a plantinum floating week at a Marriott in Park City, looking at either Mountainside and Summit Watch. I currently do not own any timeshares. I intend to use the week for both personal use (for spring break or sundance week), as well as to potentially rent it out when I can't use it. I'm hoping some current owners can help with some insights and comparisons between the two resorts; specifically I'd like to know - how easy/difficult is it to book a week in Jan/Feb/March, how much in advance will I need to plan and book? - given the popularity of these two resorts, I am assuming that renting out the week should be relatively easy but would appreciate any additional insights on renting - Overall comparison between the two resorts; general impressions and specifically in booking availability and rental potential

thanks!

Xiaoyu Z.
May 12, 2023

I can only answer part of questions. To compare the two locations. We've stayed many times at Marriott Summit Watch. We like that it's a bit more quiet, that's it's in town, close to the restaruants, and seems to attract more adults than families. We've been there in July, August, and September; but not during the ski season. If you like action, activities, or will be traveling with kids...I would think you would prefer Mountain Side, even in summer they have lots of activities and access to zip line, hiking, pool etc. If you like walkability to restaurants for the evening, and won't be traveling with kids, would think you'ld like Summit Watch better. Summit Watch is a much smaller resort.

Best of luck.

Sandy H

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.