Ask RedWeek

Marriott Vacation Club

Sep 08, 2023

We are looking to upgrade our Marriott Vacation Club membership. I see some options listed on this site but have no idea how Marriott handles this process. How easy/difficult does Marriott make for someone to buy additional points on resale? Providing I find a buyer and Marriott signs off on the first right of refusal, do the additional points get 'added' to my existing membership? Will I need to manage two accounts? Looking for direction. Thank you!

Marcelo D.

Last edited by marcelod12 on Sep 08, 2023 05:12 PM

Sep 09, 2023

marcelod12 wrote:
We are looking to upgrade our Marriott Vacation Club membership. I see some options listed on this site but have no idea how Marriott handles this process. How easy/difficult does Marriott make for someone to buy additional points on resale? Providing I find a buyer and Marriott signs off on the first right of refusal, do the additional points get 'added' to my existing membership? Will I need to manage two accounts? Looking for direction. Thank you!

These are questions best answered by Marriott itself. RedWeek is a great site for timeshare rentals and / or resales, but there is no reason to expect or believe that RedWeek site personnel have any particular knowledge or insights into the internal practices and / or procedures of any of the numerous individual timeshare "systems" -- including MVC.

Short answer --- ask Marriott about Marriott's internal procedures and practices.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 13, 2023 06:41 AM

Sep 12, 2023

when you find the answer please message me as I was about to put my Marriott Cypress Harbor timeshare up for sale. It's no longer needed.

Zina H.
Nov 09, 2023

Can you tell me by past performance if the Marriott Grand Chateau , is rented easily for new years eve ???

Stephen N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.