Ask RedWeek

Commissions and other expenses for renting out my unit

Jan 23, 2024

I have sent a couple of emails asking what the total cost would be to rent my unit. As of now have not received a response?

Clyde T.
Jan 24, 2024

I don’t represent or speak for RedWeek, but bear in mind that there are several very different listing options available, each with different costs, depending upon whether you want to “do it yourself”, get "full service", get RedWeek verified, etc. You may have to be more specific about your chosen option before you can or will get an informed, accurate response about cost.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 30, 2024 09:27 AM

Jan 26, 2024

I also don't represent RedWeek, But I've used RedWeek to rent out units to cover Maintenance Fees.

The cost to you as an owner is just the listing fee for "DIY Basic," "DIY Verified & Protected," or "Full-Service." The commission is paid by the renter.

I use "DIY Verified & Protected" (now for $50). RedWeek handles pretty much everything else. I set the rental amount and the cancellation policy, send a copy of my reservation, and then RedWeek lists the rental, sends me any offers, and collects the rental payment. After check-in, RedWeek makes a direct deposit to my savings account.

What could be easier? How about Full-Service (now just $10 more)? It offers pricing review and guidance, inquiry management, and dedicated phone support.

I just prefer DIY. I use a separate bank savings account just for rental income for bookkeeping purposes. I use it for maintenance fees only.

Joe V.

Last edited by joev191 on Jan 26, 2024 06:54 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.