Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Redweek As Escrow Agent

Apr 11, 2024

Will Redweek serve as just the escrow agent in a sale if the seller and buyer have already agreed on how to handle all other transfer costs and documents? All it would have to do is wait until it had received all fully signed transfer documents (deed, purchase and sale agreement) from the seller and the purchase price from the buyer and then exchange those. If it would, what would the fee for that be?

Alan A.
Apr 11, 2024

Hi Alana,

Unfortunately, RedWeek does not have any such option at this time - only our do-it-yourself or full-service resale posting options. However, I will definitely pass on your suggestion to our management team!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Apr 12, 2024

alana85 wrote:
Will Redweek serve as just the escrow agent in a sale if the seller and buyer have already agreed on how to handle all other transfer costs and documents? All it would have to do is wait until it had received all fully signed transfer documents (deed, purchase and sale agreement) from the seller and the purchase price from the buyer and then exchange those. If it would, what would the fee for that be?

To be clear right up front, I have no affiliation with LT Transfers (located in Geogia) other than as a satisfied customer in multiple timeshare transactions over the years as both buyer and seller. That being clearly stated, be advised that LT Transfers can handle all deed preparation and deed recording work and escrow of funds for resale timeshare transactions. Total costs were under $300 the last time I used them. Escrow of funds costs an additional $100, if I recall correctly. LTT is a small business, highly competent, well experienced and very reliable. I believe that they will handle escrow of funds even if they are not handling the associated deed transfer work.

However, I understand that LT Transfers has recently decided not to handle any more Wyndham resale transactions going forward. Wyndham has apparently made Wyndham ownership transfers very difficult, expensive and time consuming. I don’t know any further details about LTT declining to handle any future Wyndham transfers.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 14, 2024 04:53 AM

Apr 12, 2024

No they don't. I can refer you to an escrow agent if you don’t mind?

James S.
Apr 30, 2024

Trying to process a sale. How do I find a reliable escrow? Thanks for your help. John Vince

John V.
May 01, 2024

john6932 wrote:
Trying to process a sale. How do I find a reliable escrow? Thanks for your help. John Vince

You don't have to look very far. Two posts above your inquiry, one escrow option is specifically identified for your consideration. However, as noted therein, LTT will no longer handle any Wyndham transactions.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 01, 2024 05:15 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.