Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara

Aviara versus Hawaii

Oct 15, 2006

Our family of 5 usually stays on one of the Hawaiian islands each summer. We have stayed in some of the high-end timeshares there as well and found it to be a very good value for us.

For this summer, I am looking to stay at another timeshare either on the East Coast i.e, Hilton Head, South Carolina somewhere on Cape Cod, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Maine. or West Coast i.e, Aviara, Oregon, San Juan Islands.

We spent 4 weeks touring Europe last summer but will need to stay closer to home and I'm not sure there will be enough to do at Aviara. At least enough novelty to make it feel like we really got away. We live in the LA area and have friends in the San Diego area.

Kelly V.
Apr 03, 2007

tres wrote:
Our family of 5 usually stays on one of the Hawaiian islands each summer. We have stayed in some of the high-end timeshares there as well and found it to be a very good value for us.

For this summer, I am looking to stay at another timeshare either on the East Coast i.e, Hilton Head, South Carolina somewhere on Cape Cod, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Maine. or West Coast i.e, Aviara, Oregon, San Juan Islands.

We spent 4 weeks touring Europe last summer but will need to stay closer to home and I'm not sure there will be enough to do at Aviara. At least enough novelty to make it feel like we really got away. We live in the LA area and have friends in the San Diego area.

Hi, I have been wondering the same thing. I also live in the LA area, can't help but to think that there isn't a lot to do on-site at the Residence Club in Aviara. I am not sure if I can see myself at the Residence Club for a week, maybe weekend trips. When the kids are much older, do they really still want to visit the zoo, sea world, seems like everthing requires driving. We are thinking about Westin Maui villa. More expensive but probably a place we would like to return over and over. I am also wondering what my trading power will be with Aviara. Any help will be great.

Jennifer C.

Last edited by jenniferc190 on Apr 11, 2007 07:33 PM

Apr 11, 2007

jenniferc190 wrote:
Hi, I have been wondering the same thing. I also live in the LA area, can't help but to think that there isn't a lot to do in Aviara. When the kids are much older, do they really still want to visit the zoo, sea world....?
Last year we traded our Maui Marriott for a very enjoyable week at Aviara. No lack of things to do in the greater San Diego area. Great beaches, parks attractions. The Aviara onsite amenities are great too if you don't want to leave the resort (but it is a little subdued I must admit). We appreciate Aviara as a destination that does not require expensive air travel.

jenniferc190 wrote:
We are thinking about Westin Maui villa. More expensive but probably a place we would like to return over and over. I am also wondering what my trading power will be with Aviara. Any help will be great.
Westin Maui is indeed expensive, and a little bland for our tastes. I think your trading power with Aviara will get you to most Hawaii destinations. From what I can discern, Aviara has a very good reputation in the timeshare community. We'll sure trade with you.

Gregory B.

Last edited by gblotter on Apr 11, 2007 07:41 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.