Timeshare reviews at Vacation Villas at Fantasy World

Kissimmee, Florida

By bethanys12 Jun 30, 2008

Good location for Disney parks, dining, and shopping. Our kids like the pool and children activities. Our family usually enjoys an alternating schedule of Disney park, then day at the resort. The pool has a nice bar with drink specials. Our unit was recently updated with granite countertops. Each unit has a nice lanai where we enjoyed spending evening time.

By ernestw7 Dec 6, 2005

My family and I stayed at this fantastic resort. I had won this vacation online and was very skeptical. All my fears were washed away when we arrived. The units were well taken care of. The lanai, though not breath taking, was more than adequate. Everything is in close proximity. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I would gladly own at this resort.

By ski3 Updated Apr 26, 2005

This resort just completed a major refurbishment and the villas are very nice. There are lots of activities and the resort is ideally located to Disney, restaurants and Universal.

By jgtragesser Updated Mar 8, 2005

I spent weeks 47 & 48 (checking-in October 22, 2003) at the Vacation Villas At Fanatasy World in Kissimmee, FL.. NOTE.. this resort (VVF by Interval International's coding) has recently split from VVT which is Vacation Villas At Fantasy World II.. the two resorts are independently managed and VERY dissimilar..

All VVF units are the same configuration, 2-bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, full kitchen, washer & dryer, screened porch/lenai, 2-levels... the newer VVT resort is composed of high rise 2-bedroom, lock-out apartments... the VVF resort includes 3 outdoor swimming pools (the main pool is heated and includes a large whirlpool), lighted tennis courts, basketball, and children's playground.. the resort is near the intersection of Florida State Routes 535 & 192.. this is a busy area with grocery stores, popular franchise restaurants, bus transportation, etc. and about 3 miles from Walt Disney World (a free shuttle service is available to the WDW park).. although close to this activity, it is secluded by foliage and quiet...

The resort staff is competent and friendly.. the resort is sold-out.. a morning coffee is hosted to update the owners on the recent change of management companies (this is NOT a disguised sales presentation).. an in-house sales representative, however, is available to rent and sell units offered by the individual owners.. a free hot dog/hamburger lunch is provided during the week to meet and greet members/exchangers...

The resort is currently engaged in a multi-year refurbishing project which is monitored by an active/involved vacation owners' association (VOA) board of directors.. the county is beginning the construction of a new convention center near-by which is scheduled for operation in March 2006 and is hoped to be as successful as the Orlando Convention Center.. my personal speculation is that this could significantly enhance the value of currently modestly priced VVF timeshare units.. Joe Tragesser..

By tanyayd May 29, 2004

Great Place to stay. Very good Location. 10 minutes or less to any of the theme parks (Seaworld, Disney (all 4), Universal & IOA.)

Very clean and well stocked units. Great Staff. Very helpful. Kind, Nice.

Would highly recommend.

By gramps Mar 6, 2003

we always have a good time there. cant bet location

By blmisner Feb 21, 2003

The resort is very tired with signs of wear at every turn. As an example the screening on the lanai has several holes and the window screening also is in poor repair.

We were subjected to exterior repair work during our stay which eliminated exterior enjoyment dur the last two days of our one week stay. The paint provided strong fumes and I have pictures of the workmen doing various things including snoozing on our lounge chair during lunch. When we expressed our displeasure we were given a gift certificate for a $25 lunch, however this was after trying to get us to buy a new timeshare with them.

I will be providing the pictures with our comments to Interval International.