Reviews of Legacy Vacation Club Orlando - Oaks

Kissimmee, Florida

3.8

Have you been to Legacy Vacation Club Orlando - Oaks lately?

By tims82 Sep 29, 2008

This review is dated as we stayed here in August of 2008. We are owners with in Celebrity but never expected to be treated this way. We had called ahead as well as emailed about our need for a handicap unit. We get to our unit to have three steps to get into the unit. How was my wife going to drive her scooter up steps? After a call to maintenance and I having to show up at the front desk did we get some service. They actually tried to build a ramp to go up the stairs, what a joke. After 2 hours of her not being able to get in the unit they moved us to a different unit and installed a pre- made ramp to use. Our 2 bedroom unit - well not the best I have stayed in. TV broken in one bedroom. Exposed wires hanging from a plug in the kitchen. Mold all in the bathroom. Jacuzzi tub not working. Washing machine not working and dryer clanging like it is on its last leg. I must say the night shift manager tried to accommodate but they need to spend some of the maintenance fees on the upkeep of these units. We had checked in on a Saturday and finally the site manager got up with me on Monday about the problems we had had. The first thing he ask me was why did they not move us to a handicap unit across the street. I told him, He was the boss and only he could answer that question, but I would like to find out the answer. He did refund my exchange fee but he should have refunded my week as well. If you have to stay here, ok, but if you can find another place to stay do so. I have gone on their website and they rent rooms cheaper they the owners have to pay in maintenance fees. What gives with this?

By paulm299 Dec 1, 2007

just come back from resort nice peaceful place to relax and enjoy will stay again

By kellyr55 Updated Apr 23, 2006

What a great place to stay! Plenty of quiet places if you want privacy and places to socialize as well. Minutes from loads of attractions and the staff is so helpful.

By anthony74 Updated Feb 12, 2005

This resort looks good on paper. However,it falls short of most others.... ie, Vistana or any Marriott.

By patricia1331 Jan 9, 2005

The resort is definitely a five star!Very clean,lots of things to do,and close to many attractions!