Disney's BoardWalk Villas

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Reviews of Disney's BoardWalk Villas

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

4.6

Have you been to Disney's BoardWalk Villas lately?

By karenr218 Updated Mar 18, 2016

Just returned from a great vacation here. The room was so very comfortable. We stayed in 1 bedroom. I loved having the kitchen..really think it saved some money, even though we did eat out for dinner. We didn't buy the reusable cups and had breakfast in the room each day. The only issue was that we were very far from the lobby. We were close to the pool, and had a great view of the pool, but we used a service entrance to access it because that was the closest way out of the building. Overall though, I love this resort and can't wait to stay here again! <3

By annev22 Nov 18, 2014

My family and I rented a 1 bedroom villa on redweek.com for the week of August 16-23rd. We have 3 sons ranging in age from 20 months to 8 years old. We had an incredible time. The location of the Boardwalk was PERFECT. Walking distance to Epcot, a 10 minute boat ride from Hollywood Studios, and a quick bus ride to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

There was so much for the kids and adults to enjoy at the Boardwalk. Plenty of different food options for every palate.

The staff was phenomenal. We wouldn't hesitate to go back and spend another week at the Boardwalk! In fact, we're already planning it!

By brittneym11 Jul 31, 2011

My family and I (husband and three children) recently stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for a week at the Boardwalk. This is our second Disney trip...the first we stayed in the Fort Wilderness Cabins. This resort blows that one out of the water. There are so many positive things to note about this resort.

1. Location- 5-10 min. walk to Epcot, short boat ride to Hollywood Studios. Beach and Yacht Club are within short walking distance. You can also walk to the Swan and Dolphin, and could actually walk to Hollywood Studios. If you are staying in the DVC wing, you can go out the back to make this walk shorter.

2. Restaurants/Food- There are so many restaurants and eateries within walking distance. You have access to the restaurants at the Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club, as well as those at the Swan and Dolphin and also within Epcot if you are going to that park that day. (and Hollywood Studios restaurants are just a boat ride away) Also, there is a bakery on the boardwalk for yummy snacks or breakfast, a candy store, and numerous snack stands for late night (or anytime!) treats. The ESPN club is also on the Boardwalk, and, although this restaurant is on the Disney dining plan, you do not need advanced reservations! So nice!

3. Resort Amenities- The service is wonderful. Very attentive cast members at all locations. The two bedroom unit was well stocked in the kitchen and also very clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable...even the pull-out couch which I slept on one night with my son who had a bad dream. The pool is so much fun with the large slide! Very kid friendly!

4. Shopping- There are shops within the resort itself and also along the boardwalk. The one along the boardwalk is very large and has a large selection of Disney merchandise, but the nice thing is that it has a small grocery section. You can even buy a bottle of wine here.

5. Extras- Artists doing caricatures along the Boardwalk, movies every night out by the pool, games for the children organized and planned out all day, full gym if you want to work out, etc.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. I have wanted to stay at other Disney resorts, but now I am not sure if I will ever plan anything but the Boardwalk.

By guest351 Jul 25, 2011

Have stayed on two occassions, and just love the Epcot resort area. The evening walk around the boardwalk watching the entertainers, having a drink, mingling with people is our favorite way of unwinding after a Disney day because the magic still continues. The options for dining is outstanding, there at the Boardwalk itself, or around the lake at the dining areas if the Beach Club, Yacht Club or Swan and Dolphin. Anything you could ask for from hot dogs and popcorn to gourmet dinners or outstanding buffet. The rooms are terrific and the detail is tremendous.

By loren62 Jun 4, 2011

WOW! We had the best experience at this resort! We have stayed at every WDW resort now - with the exception of the value resorts. What a great surprise. The Boardwalk Villas must have been renovated recently because everything in our 1BR Villa was squeaky clean and shiny new. The decor was lush and beautiful - and we had a boardwalk view from our deck. Each morning, we just stepped outside and took a quick jog around the boardwalk which takes you around to the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin and then to the Boardwalk. We had several restaurants, shops and bakeries within yards of our room but yet it felt so quiet and relaxing. We all, kids included, enjoyed the Belle Vue Lounge where we could get drinks and snacks and sit either on the outside deck overlooking the lawn and boardwalk or sit inside and play scrabble or checkers. What a great place to unwind after spending the day at the parks! The Luna Park Pool and the outside bar were a big hit too. It's a shame we didn't have more time to spend just enjoying the Boardwalk Villas resort features -- next time, more of that and less Park Hopping! With this resort, we could let the kids walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios and we could stay behind and enjoy the resort's many features. We will stay here next time for sure! Almost forgot - the nighttime lights and boardwalk decor take on a life of it's own...beautiful to see!

By karen2704 Jan 17, 2011

My family and I have been to multiple disney resorts, but this was by far our favorite. Our 1 BR villa was immaucalate and the views were spectacular. Our faviorite was the boardwalk entertainment and the fact that we could walk to Epcot and Hollywood studies. A beautiful 10min walk to each. It was fun arriving somewhat late our first night- we scoped out all the resorts within walking distance. (swan,dolphin,beachclub). The Christmas decorations in each were amazing!! Would stay at boardwalk again in a heartbeat!!

By chriskre Dec 9, 2008

Love it is how I describe Boardwalk Villas. I am in DVC and love to try all the resorts and this one is one of my favorites. Not only is there plenty to do on the Boardwalk but the whole ambiance is great here. They've got free valet parking to start off, the rooms are nicely decorated in turn of the century style, the views thruout the resort are just lovely and the boat goes to Epcot. Spoodles is great food onsite. Don't hesitate to stay here. Try for a premium view if you can. I stayed in a studio but I'm sure the 1 bedrooms are much nicer if you can get one. Staff is great too. You will have fun here.

By marylyn1 Updated Dec 15, 2007

You won't find a better resort. It has nightlife, lovely pools and gardens, wonderful restaurants, its close to Epcot and MGM.

The Boardwalk Villas is a part of a first class hotel with a timeshare attached. You have the best of all worlds. You'll get a lovely villa while enjoying all the amenities of the Boardwalk Resort, (which is world reknown and shown on the Travel Channel "World Restaurants and Great Hotels series" and other TV shows).

***If you can get in here you should consider yourself a lucky traveler.

By julie736 Aug 18, 2007

I like the Boardwalk area and visiting Spoodles for breakfast. It is a pleasant walk with the entertainers and firework display from Epcot. I rented points from an owner for our stay as we were thinking of buying in to DVC. The 1 bed villa we stayed at was quite scruffy with the settee wearing away, a lamp did not work and we had to call maintanance, though they quickly fixed it, plus a broken glass with all the sharp bits was left on the kitchen unit. On our last day I saw a lorry pull in which was full of settee's, so hopefully one made it to that villa. I would be quite annoyed if I was a DVC owner, when you pay maintance costs you do expect disney magic with the standard of room. I would visit the Boardwalk again for the location.

By maria1021 Updated Sep 20, 2006

There is no better timeshare location on Disney property. It's an easy walk to Epcot and MGM Studios, or take the boat launch to either. You have all of the restaurants, bars and activities of the Boardwalk right in your resort. Notwithstanding this terrific location, this resort is amazingly quiet. Disney cast members could not have been nicer to us anytime we have stayed there. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to stay in a timeshare near Disney to try the Boardwalk first. You'll probably want to buy there -- that's what happened to us!

By chrismalinowski Jun 16, 2006

We just came back from a most enjoyable time. The boardwalk was conviently located near epcot and mgm. The dining plan was great!! The hospitality was A1. I would come back to this resort in the future. The night life on the Boardwalk is a whole different experience. We were entertained all over the boardwalk by Juglers, Songs etc..

By artsieang Jan 14, 2006

Great Resort....Great Staff....Great Location....My only negative remark would be that there are not enough elevators. Our room was the furthest walk from a hotel elevator that I have ever experienced. Be sure to inquire about your location when you book your room. Other then that, our vacation was perfect.

By stacey104 Feb 19, 2005

I just returned back from Florida! I spent three days here at the Broadwalk! It is a beautiful place and all the Disney staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The room was good size and more than we had imagined. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone!

By pt181 Jun 26, 2004

On Disney property within walking distance or boat to MGM and Epcot or take a complimentary bus to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney. Beautiful landscaping and many restaurants within walking distance. Visit the Swan or Dolphin, Yacht Club or Beach Club resorts just across the lake. Rent boats or bikes, try the spa or just enjoy the resort from your balcony. There's nothing like staying on site to get emersed in the the magic of Disney and the Boardwalk is the perfect place. We've stayed here many times, its a beautiful resort with great service - you'll love it here!

By spiceypj Jan 14, 2003

This resort is beautiful and if you like a night life you would give a 5 - it is right in the middle of the action. It is within walking distance to both MGM Studios and Epcot (or you can ride a boat). It has room service (great).