Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina

Timeshare reviews at Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina

By wilmak4 Sep 7, 2013

We are loyal fans of this resort. Many new units, beautiful landscaping, and recreation amenities have been completed in the recent few years. We love the heated indoor pool and the beautiful adjoining outdoor pool. The mini golf is beautiful as well as the picnic and barbecue area! There is so much to do in this area. The shows and aquarium are outstanding!. We were there over Mother's Day and my grown son and my husband accompanied me for a ride on the beautiful temperature controlled , enclosed boxes of the gigantic Sky Wheel ( a VERY large ferris wheel with a spectacular view of the ocean and up and down the seacost! ) A trip to Pawley's Island and the Hammock shops was another treat. The BEST seafood I ever ate was in a small fishing village about an hr. south, off Rt. 17, called T.W. Graham on Pinckney St. in McClellanville. What a quaint anti-bellum type fishing village, the real "old South" serving low country authentic food! We wandered back in the country toward Conway and experienced a local country auction! We have our favorite spots to stop and re-visit every time we come!

By mummaredweek Dec 5, 2011

We really liked this place. Obviously things have changed since reviews dated 2007. Everything was well cared for, activities were interesting, the indoor pool and whirlpool were perfect temperature (not freezing and boiling like many places), the little deli had great sandwiches at reasonable price, and nearby (driving distances) restaurants are reasonable, and plentiful. We used their freebie entrance to state parks, and hiked a lot. This would be a great place for golfing--driving range and putting greens as well as 18 hole course, and the units were generous size. To our surprise we like this better than many places we've stayed in the north end of town.

By richardm467 Jun 1, 2008

We have stayed here twice and each time was a delight. The staff is friendly and they have a large jacuzzi that's to die for. The indoor pool is large and the outdoor pool is very adequate. We like to vacation in September as the kids are back in school and the beaches are sparsley populated. The occupants have free access to the state park beaches and you can walk for miles. Many fine restaurants are within easy driving distance and a large hospital is within walking distance. For the golfer it is heaven with many courses available in the area. We really love this place.

By sandraw68 Oct 13, 2007

I have visited the resort 3 times and have not been disappointed.

By t.d.wright2001 Apr 10, 2007

I have visited this resort three times and have never been disappointed.

By j484 Jan 16, 2007

I visited the resort Christmas week. Upon checking in the areas of interest were not mentioned. I had a two bedroom unit and checked in on a Sat. The second bedroom had stains on the carpet, a chair was missing in the dining area and one was broken, dishes were missing from the cupboard. I called front desk and was told it would be addressed and it never was. Not enough activities for the children. I would not visit again.

By a307 Jan 11, 2007

We had the worst possible vacation. We arrived on a Friday and the place was dirty, there were cockroaches, the walls were smeared, the bathroom was scary. If possible, no not check in on a Friday, those are the worst buildings we found out. Everyone we ran into had problems.

By danad27 Jul 16, 2006

I have stayed at this resort 4 times already. The resort workers have been very friendly each and every time. They even got us reservations on a days notice. I see that they are growing. We rented bikes and took a stroll through the grounds and a nearby neighborhood. It is located in a peaceful area of Murrells Inlet. My family and I are going to plan a vacation here every year. Thank you Ellington.

By maandpaham Jul 15, 2005

We stayed here the 4th of July week. When I made the reservations, I was informed that there would be a king in the master and a queen in the 2nd bedroom. Imagine our surprise when we arrived and found 2 twin beds. Management was kind enough to push the beds together even tho it wasn't the most ideal situation for the couple with us. We were told the units do not have queen beds, either king or 2 twins.

The accomodations, however, were great. The staff was always friendly. Housekeeping came every day which was a surprise also.

Overall, we would stay here again but would be prepared for the accomodations.

By fderigge Updated Mar 28, 2005

Class AAA

By gregw42 Dec 20, 2004

We stayed here in the middle of October, 2004. If you're not a golfer there is nothing to do here.

The units and grounds look lovely and the pool looks inviting, but as those who jumped in found out it isn't heated. We could tell by the whoops when someone tried the pool for the first time. Even the kids refused to swim in it and as a result you never got to sit around and meet your neighbours.

There were 4 buildings with 16 units in each building with a 5th being built at the time we were there. 8 units face in toward the pool and 8 face out onto nothing. Of the 8 units on each side 4 are 2 bedroom units and 4 are 1 bedroom units. The 2 and 1 bedroom units have a common door which will allow them to become a 3 bedroom unit.

The evening we arrived we had been awake for 18 hours and at 9:00 we went to bed. The people in the next unit arrived in around 10 PM and were so loud that they awoke us. One fellow had to yell at all the others and around 10:30 decided to try and enter our unit through the connecting door. We had just fallen back to sleep when that happened so I let a yell out of me which settled him down and we were able to go to sleep. About 6:00 the next morning the 'yeller' was at it again and woke us up before they went golfing. After breakfast we went to the reception area and told our tale of woe. They moved us to another unit right away and apologized profusely.

The units are very well furnished and have all the amenities you would want, but you can hear every word that is spoken by the adjoining unit's occupants. You could not hear the voices of the occupants in the unit that backed on to your unit, but could tell every time they opened or closed a kitchen cupboard.

The club house is very nice and they serve a breakfast and lunch, but in the evening you can only get a snack.

Restaurants are not within walking distance, but are plentiful and for prairie dwellers the seafood was fresh and we never found one we didn't enjoy and wouldn't return to.

The golf course was well looked after, but the lack of a GPS on the carts was a bit of a disappointment.