Shore Crest Vacation Villas

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Reviews of Shore Crest Vacation Villas

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

4.0

Have you been to Shore Crest Vacation Villas lately?

By bennette1 Jul 3, 2015

I agree with everything Heidis62 said. I haven't been here in a few years so I was impressed by the updated condos. We've stayed in both buildings, but I like the oceanfront building better (of course). I have my two teenagers and husband with me and I can keep up with them just by looking out over the balcony. It's the July 4th weekend of 2015 and the place is totally booked. Yes, we'll be back.

By heidis62 Aug 12, 2013

This is the third year we have rented through RedWeek at Shore Crest Villas. We stayed two occasions at Shore Crest Villas II in a 2 bd/2 ba and this summer at Shore Crest I in a 1 bd/1 ba. The resort cleanliness and staff are consistent. Location is convenient to Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach. The ability to rent chairs and an umbrella directly on the beach access is an added bonus offered by North Myrtle Beach. The only cons are those already mentioned - slow elevators, small parking spaces in the garages, and busy pools during the days (which points out they are small in size). However, the updated condos, ease of location, and beach access make up for these cons.

By david166 Aug 19, 2011

Although this is an older resort it is one of the few Time Shares right on the beach - the pool, hot tub, lazy river, sun decks and snack bar are all on the beach-side of this beach-front resort. The service provided by the staff is outstanding. All of the furniture has recently been replaced; the outside has been painted and it is in A-1 Shape. The Villas are roomy and the kitchen is fully furnished. The only disadvantage is that there is no in-room internet except to use AT&T Wireless for a fee and the second bed-room in the two bedroom units has two single beds rather than a full or queen size bed. The master bedroom has a very large king size bed and beautiful bathroom with double lavatories. The smaller bathroom is very adequate and has a washer and dryer behind louvered folding doors. We've stayed there for quite a few years and have visited other resorts and this one is definitely our favorite when coming to Myrtle Beach.

By amy806 Updated May 19, 2009

Just returned from a stay May 10th-17th. Two bedrooms, oceanfront. Wonderful view. The unit was in pretty good shape, though all appliances except for the microwave were old and outdated. The fridge froze all fruits, vegetables, and our eggs. The small stereo/CD player atop the TV in the living room did not work. Other than that, I loved the place. It's quite well kept. The grounds are some of the nicest on all of North Myrtle Beach - much landscaping with palms and nice wooden decks between the pools and the beach. The pools are great - and a roomy pool deck also. I also liked that I was never once bothered with phone calls to coerce a tour of the resort to buy. This is unusual. Another plus - there are actually a few smoking units. Unbelievable.

I do wish some places would consider that not all people going to resorts are traveling with small children. The extra bedroom in the unit is TINY and very, very dark. (A window opens only to the public hallway outside - no one would want to keep the curtains open. This isn't a terrible thing, but it's too bad that for two couples, one has the luxurious large master bedroom and bathroom, and the other has the far inferior bedroom and bathroom. But for people with children, traveling just as a couple, or with a group of adults who don't really care, it's all good. Just would be nice to see a little nicer second bedroom.

Despite the few problems noted above, this is now my place of choice when staying in North Myrtle Beach. We WILL be back.

By candil6 Updated Jan 27, 2009

This resort is in a fairly good location in regards to food and shopping. It's very close to Barefoot Landing and the outlets. I was not thrilled with only having the two elevators for the whole Shore Crest I complex. It seemed like we were constantly waiting on an elevator for 8-10 minutes at a time, and with a small infant and tons of beach gear this is just not acceptable. Also, every night (from about 11:00 or so) there were people on the beach in front of the resort shooting off fireworks for over an hour(in a city where this is supposed to be illegal) which kept waking up my son, and even though we complained it seemed like nothing was ever done to stop them. The resort seemed fairly clean, but a bit run-down and worn. Overall, it was an ok resort, but not one that we would likely stay at again.

By brianh205 Jul 21, 2007

Clean rooms, Nice pool and lazy river, very close to many sites and food.

By swamper53 Updated May 11, 2007

We stayed here the last week of April. We couldn't of asked for better weather. The condos are very nice. Plenty of room for four adults. We had a ocean view room (1106) and spent a lot of time on the balcony. I was alittle worried about noise because we were just down from the lobby and staircase going outside, but it wasn't noisy. The only noise we heard was from the pool area, right below us, but even that was ok. It cleared out pretty early. Everything you could really want is not that far away. Just a very short drive (or a looong walk) I did see people do it. There is Barefoot Landing, or just drive up and down Hwy 17 and you will probably find what you need If you eat out (I'm on vacation) alot, the resturants are every where. We enjoyed Landrys, Margaretta ville, Dicks (fun and kinda naughty) Tbonz, We did not like the Giant Crab buffett. Its expensive and the food is cold, and the spring house family resturant just up the street was not good . It was a very nice and relaxing vacation. Thats just what we were looking for. Just leave the doors open and hear the ocean all night. I heard from everyone down there it does get busy at bike week. 2 weeks in May.

By cecilia10 Updated Oct 13, 2006

Great place. Wonderful view from balcony. Everything you need right there.

By michaelr153 Apr 21, 2006

One of the nicest resorts in an excellent location. Right on the beach; almost all units face the ocean. Kept extremely well.

We don't own here, but we exchange for this resort as often as possible.

By jefff21 Feb 9, 2006

Great view 5 stars

Broken elavator 2 stars

Awesome staff 5 stars

Paper thin walls (could hear neighbor snoring) 1 star

Great Pool and Hot Tub (indoor) 4 stars

NMB restaruants - 4 stars

All in all we liked the place other than hearing the neighbor sleeping and snoring. Well at least we did not hear them doing the wild thang!! Thank goodness for that little bit of releif.

By wendy262 Sep 6, 2004

Dirty, starting to show its age !!!!

By vicki117 Aug 3, 2004

Our first time there - we were very impressed! Clean rooms - attentive staff - the kids loved the lazy river. We stayed in Shorecrest II which overlooks the sound - it is located across the street from the ocean but we liked the quiet.

By meanmomma6945 Apr 21, 2004

perfect location. rooms were nice and roomy but could of been cleaner. nice pools and beach.

By shawnaberle Mar 2, 2004

Great resort, be aware the Shorecrest 2 is across the street and no real ocean views. Kids program is good and staff is good. The check in is on upper floor.

By womom_dcb Updated Jan 19, 2004

had a great time. Our kids love it. The staff is so helpful. We love this place.

By sorrell Oct 26, 2003

We love our vacations at Shore Crest 1, waking up to the sounds of the ocean,walking the beach and relaxing by the pool. There is so many places to go and things to do or you can simply do nothing. The rooms are nicely appointed and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful and the property is meticulously maintained. Childrens activity's person was awsome with the kids. Great family vacation spot!