Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Reviews of Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

4.4

Have you been to Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation lately?

By geraldb151 Dec 21, 2015

This is our 7th Trip to Myrtle Beach and SeaWatch is by far our favorite Locations. Christmas shows were fantastic and as always the Golfing and Beach are wonderful

By robertb835 Jul 27, 2014

First time here but I hope it won't be the last. Land wise this is not a spacious resort but whoever developed it knew how to get the most out of the small plot of land. Two large towers, three villas, five pools, two lazy rivers, nine hot tubes and beach access! Lest I forget there is plenty of parking under the units and multi-level parking garages near each tower. When I came back with the car I never lacked a space under the villa we stayed in or somewhere close by. We had a one bedroom unit in Villa 1. It certainly appears that all units have at least an ocean view. The unit had a comfortable king bed, double sized sleeper sofa, dining table for four, full kitchen and a washer dryer. The unit A/C worked well! In the North Tower there is a restaurant, breakfast and lunch, but we did not use it. There is also an ice cream shop which we did take advantage of. The South tower has a small convenience store should you need snacks, soda, milk, asprin, etc. Access to Highway 17 and all Myrtle Beach has to offer is up the road a few blocks. This resort is dual purpose. About 60% of the units are privately owned while the remaining are timeshare units.

By mec3 Sep 4, 2011

Rented here week of 8/29 - 9/3. Stayed on the 12th floor (south tower). OMG!! Rarely do I rate anything with 5 stars as I am the ultimate critic! We loved the facility. The staff was warm, friendly and courteous. They even got rid of a gigantic 6" dragonfly which flew into our room from the balcony at midnight! The lazy river, pools and hot tubs were amazing. The beach was really wide and clean and the amount of activities for the kids was just enough for two active 10YO twins. I would highly recommend this facility and can't wait to go back.

By gordon48 May 26, 2011

This is one great place. Love it!

By cathy22 Sep 15, 2009

Very nice resort. Good location. Lots of amenities.

By jeffreyp Updated Sep 5, 2009

Rented here with my wife in August and loved it. We reserved a 1 BR for the week and were not pleased when we arrived at midnight to be told we would have to change units the following day. However, when we discovered that they gave us a 2 BR penthouse in the North Tower for the rest of the week we were just fine!

Very nice facility in all ways. Very clean and well maintained. The staff could not have been more helpful. My only complaint was that the pools were absolutely packed with people, especially on the afternoons they brought in a DJ. Made it difficult for them to keep the pools and jacuzzis clean - we saw them cleaning at night for the for next day's crowd.

If renting, be careful not to mix up the Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation (A timeshare organization) and the SeaWatch hotel. They share the same building (North Tower), but we heard the hotel was not nearly as well maintained.

By kimc254 Updated Aug 8, 2009

VERY NICE UNIT IN THE NORTH TOWER,FRIENDLY STAFF,GREAT PARKING!THE LOCATION IS PERFECT.THE 2 BEDROOM UNIT IS VERY NICE AND ROOMY FOR A FAMILY OF 5!THE ONLY THING IS THE POOLS ARE VERY CROWDED AND THEIR ISNT ENOUGH CHAIRS!SECURITY WAS ONLY SEEN ON THE WEEKEND NOT ALLOWING THE RESERVATION OF CHAIRS BUT DURING THE WEEK FORGET IT,GET UP EARLY AND RESERVE YOUR CHAIR IF YOU ARE STAYING BY THE POOL!

By dann21 Jul 13, 2009

Currently staying at the SeaWatch Plantation with my wife and 3 girls 7 - 10. Everyone is having a blast. This place is Awesome! 2BR is very roomy, clean, and has everything we need. Everyone loves the Beach, Pools, Lazy Rivers, and Hot Tubs. We will be back year after year after year.

By jim2683 Updated Jun 25, 2015

Stayed August 2008 and July 2007 and Just got back July 4 2009. The villas are nice but i love tower II. All have great parking for Myrtle Beach. You may not get to park under your unit but the garage is within 100 feet. Units have been very clean. It is about 10 years old but seems to be well maintained. The pools have been crowded, but the reservation of chairs seems to have been reduced. I am going back in August. This is one of my favorite Wyndham properties. Excellent restaurants(15), Kroger and Walmart within 3 miles. Also one of the easiest drives. 2 hours 15 minutes from Columbia SC I-20 at I- 26. take hwy 22 from Aynor straight to Kings rd. First Major Right after the campground.

By cynthiam164 Jun 23, 2009

We stayed at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation June 13, 2009 to June 20, 2009. The place was just right for an ocean vacation. We had a 2 bedroom unit in the North Tower. It wasn't the biggest 2-bedroom unit we've stayed in, but it was a good size. The kitchen had everything we needed. The security was really great at the resort. We could always see them walking around from our balcony. Our view of the ocean and pool areas was great. We had 2 sixteen year olds with us. They had a blast with all the pools and hot tubs and easy access to the ocean. The place was clean and the grounds were attractive and well kept. The staff was helpful and very friendly. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

By tomp53 Nov 3, 2008

our family has stayed at this resort 4 or 5 times over the past 3 years. in 2006 we had 2 3br units with a party of 20. 1 of the units was booked through wyndham, the other through seawatch plantation inc. these are different ownerships, and the maintenance is performed seperately by each company. when making reviews it would be helpful if the booking is noted because otherwise the rating is misleading.

parking is tight during peak periods, but we have always found a convenient spot.

we have always found the wyndham staff to be very courteous and responsive when we brought any concerns to their attention.

this is one of our favorite resorts, because of the ocean views, and the convenience to shopping, activities and restaurants.

we gave this 4 stars because of it's age. if it were brand new, like some of the recent additions to wyndham resorts, it would have received 5 stars.

By blakec Nov 1, 2008

We visited this resort late October 2008.

We were placed in Villa III in a two bedroom unit. Frankly it was dirty, and downright deplorable. It bothered me that this was a Deluxe Suite in a Gold Class resort. The level of cleaning in our unit was very poor. The beach is very nice in this area but that did not make up for the inferior lodgings. I have sent correspondence and photos to RCI and Wyndham

By valerie229 Jul 3, 2008

Our family stayed in the South Tower the end of May. We have stayed in past years and always have a wonderful stay. The rooms are spacious and well kept. There are plenty of pools and hot tubs! We enjoy the area and we plan to go back again! The Myers'

By susan367 Updated Mar 4, 2008

We own here at Seawatch and have stayed the past 2 years during the week of July 4th. What can I say but..EXCEPTIONAL! We have stayed in the south tower and also the villas...both are great (actually prefer the villas..not as long a wait on elevator). Condos are nice, clean and well maintained. The pools are a little crowded during the day but by early evening, alot of room. The beach wasn't really crowded considering the season we were there. A great place to shop and eat...lots of malls/restaurants to choose nearby. Our 2 daughters (17 and 21) just love it too and invite friends to go with us. Staff extremely courteous. Already have next year (2005) booked for week of July 2-9th.

By janet1198 Jan 8, 2008

We stayed in the Villas last July with our young adult children. We had 2-2bed 2bath units and each unit had 4 adults and 2 teenagers. The rooms were very spacious the amenities at the resort accommidated everyone. The parking was great for the Villas as it was right under neath-never a problem. The staff was more than helpful and the pool guards were great - not allowing any small children in the pool area without an adult. You could actually relax without having to watch someone else's 2 year old wondering around that could fall into the water.

By blesscbs Aug 31, 2007

I love this resort all except the parking, that's why it didn't get a 5 star. It's a wonderful location and the property is beautiful and kept wonderfully. The children have pleanty to do and areas to play. We truly enjoyed it.

CBS

By monicam43 Apr 26, 2007

We stayed here during our Spring Break in March 07. We were in Villas III. The staff is very friendly, our unit was clean and fresh upon arrival. We have 2 children and our teenage daughter brought a friend. The 2 bedroom villa was plenty of room for all of us and the girls had privacy in the second bedroom. I would like a jacuzzi in the master which this didn't have. The master is small with only a shower in the bathroom but we adjusted to it. The grounds are well kept and very relaxing. We had an ocean view from the 4th floor - would like to be on a higher floor so there would be a view of the ocean above the next Villa building. The location is good with Super Walmart and Tanger shopping, restaurants close driving distance. Broadway at the Beach is about a 20 minute drive depending on traffic. We will return to Sea Watch and recommend it for anyone looking for a nice time in Myrtle Beach!

By fran60 Aug 28, 2006

Very nice resort. Our only complaint would be that the living room/dining room area was a little small. Staff was good and responsive. We got good service from staff who provided clean towels mid week and took trash away daily. There seemed to be enough elevators for the high rise buildings, very short waits. We also did not have any carts to take our stuff to the 16th floor when we arrived-- apparently the other vacationers would take the carts and keep them in their condos overnight so they would have them available the next morning to move out. The resort had signs up requested that people not do this but of course many people are selfish and do not comply w/rules. The resort did their best to rememdy this situation.

The place was clean, well cared for, had good amenities, nice pools. Would definitely go back again. Great beach, very attentive lifeguards, not horribly crowded on beach or around pools.

By jeannettes6 Jul 23, 2006

My stay at the seawatch was excellent! I enjoyed the lazy river and its pool side entertainment including bingo and trivia. The bar and resort staff were very friendly. My kids enjoyed the kids club and game room. The restaurant had good food and service. The beach was clean and enjoyable!!

By michaelc217 Jul 14, 2006

We stayed here for 3 nights in June 2006 and we are definitely coming back in 2007 for a week. Very nice 2 BR units- MBR on one side 2BR on the other. Everything was clean and well-maintained. This resort is right on the beach. Very short drive to Tanger outlet mall and other shopping. Resort staff was helpful and very courteous. I highly recommend this resort.

By ynarpz Jun 20, 2006

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this wonderful, family friendly resort. Stayed at 14th floor, gorgeous view of ocean, unit tastefully decorated and newly refurbished. Except for non=granite kitchen counter, compares well with Marriott properties. There are many elevators, swimming pools and lazy river. It is right close to the outlet mall and Walmart. Nice, friendly, helpful staff. Did not even get called for a sales pitch for the timeshare. Fairfield only has the top 4 floors of the South and top 2 floors of the North Tower, rest are privately owned. North Tower has the restaurant. Will retunr again next year.

By natalie50 Updated Jul 25, 2005

My family and I just returned from this resort and had a wonderful time. The resort was well maintained and had everything that you could want or need while away from home. Plenty of pools for the kids, which was great! But could have used handicapped railings in the large walk- in shower for those who are less mobile/agile. Would highly recommend for families with children and Seniors. I would definitely stay at the Fairfield Seawatch again, especially if we could secure a villa unit.

By juliet25 Updated Jul 24, 2005

We (2 adults and 4 kids)just stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe in the North Tower (July, 2005). Seawatch has the best facilities that I have stayed at on Myrtle Beach. There are many pools (nice water temp.), lots of hot tubs, and 2 lazy rivers (my kids loved). Every other day, a DJ plays fun music and interacts with the guests by the main pool at North Tower. There is a tiki bar by this pool which serves drinks all day & night. There are other pools if you want more quiet during this time. You can walk right from the pools to the ocean. Facilities are great! There were a lot of people around but we were always able to find a place to be. People looking for no children and lots of quiet would not want to be here though. Pools and hot tubs were clean. Our suite was spacious and stocked with all of the basics needed. Great view of the ocean. There are 4 elevators in the North Tower and we usually waited about 3 minutes or so for one. It really wasn't a big deal. This is a great place for families with children and people who want to have fun. I will be going back next year!

By thomas862 Updated Nov 2, 2004

Stayed here 9/4/04 - 9/11/04

Fantastic location, super direct view of the ocean and really close, left the slider open to patio and could hear the water and waves through the night.

Good maintenance staff, Hot tubs great, activity program good for kids, mine is grown.

All other staff friendly and attentive.

Nice size of the unit, a 2BR deluxe.

Only complaint, unit was a little worn, (North Tower built in 1996 or 97) and TV was way undersized in large ent. center built for a 36" TV, but our TV in that unit was only 25".

By greg312 Aug 22, 2004

We are timeshare owners at Seawatch and love the resort and Myrtle Beach. We have been going to Myrtle Beach every year since 1998. We made our purchase at Seawatch after having purchased at another off the beach resort in Myrtle Beach.

Seawatch is a very crowded resort and the pool situation is very annoying. The pool chairs are typically "claimed" by 10AM. There are postings prohibiting the practice of reserving unattended chairs, but this is essentially ignored. When we were at Seawatch July 11-18, 2004, the security guards were removing towels from chairs that were not being attended by guests.

The beach also does get very crowded right in front of the resort, but we have never found it difficult to find an area to set up our umbrella, chairs and blankets.

We have found Seawatch to be well maintained and the staff very attentive to the guests. Most of the towers are hotel rentals which I believe contributes to some of the problems that the recent reviewers have mentioned.

The traffic situation in Myrtle Beach has improved in the last three years and there are ways of avoiding much of that hassle, you just have to know the roads and ways of getting around.

I feel sorry that some people have not been able to enjoy their stay at Seawatch, but we will return frequently and always during the crowded summer months.

By karenr Updated Aug 2, 2004

Stayed here w/o 7/24/2004--north tower

Was not impressed with this resort. Our two bedroom unit was clean but was dated. Pool was crowded (as it should be during the summer) but there was mold, standing pools of water, and dead shrubs all around the pool deck.

I had to set my alarm to put towels down on a lounge chair--some vacation. I really hated doing it, but it was better than standing. Finally, we went to WalMart and purchased some beach chairs. We could sleep a bit later and still have a place to sit by the pool.

Overall the resort is nice and they have several pools and lazy rivers. The resort seems to be older and some wear and tear is showing all around the grounds.

The activitiy staff was great. Very friendly and helpful with any questions and setting up golf, etc. They were the best thing about the resort.

Myrtle Beach was nice. Actually the resort is in a very nice location. Between hard core downtown Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach. Traffic was bad at times, but overall it was OK. Since the resort location was away from the downtown crowds, you needed to drive to your activities.

I would return to Myrtle Beach, but would not stay at this resort. I am an owner at a Marriott timeshare in Florida (have stayed at several other Marriott timeshares) and am used to staying at resorts that are extremely clean, fresh, and well maintained. This one I can honestly say, is not.

I did tour the new Marriott in Myrtle Beach and will stay there next time. It's awesome!

By joni17 Updated Jul 28, 2004

stayed in villa 3 July 17-24, 2004

Very disappointed! When we arrived, our unit was FILTHY, it had to be completely re- cleaned. (It appeared to have not been cleaned at all.) The staff did, however, bend over backwards to appologize for the inconvenience. Our room was nice, kind of big...but it was not like the pictures seen on the Internet. As a matter of fact, three other families we were with stayed in the South Tower - all of their rooms were very different from eachother and they were charged all kinds of different prices. One room was pretty beat up. The villas are much nicer than the towers, that's for sure.

The kids and adult activities that had been provided were fantastic - something for everyone...that gets the lone star above.

The pools were a NIGHTMARE! The guests here were (for the most part) incredibly RUDE. All of the pool chairs were taken up by 7:00 am. I had even heard someone say that they claimed their seats at 3:00 am!!! They only have a quarter of the chairs needed for the amount of guests they host. Also, the pool chairs are so dangerously close to the pool's edges, I can't believe that nobody got hurt trying to walk aroung the jam-packed areas...people wouldn't move, either. Trying to go to the restrooms while at the pool or beach was HORRIBLE! There were no bathrooms nearby - there were three located on the second floor of three of the buildings. You had to wait forever for an elevator or walk a very long staircase to find one. I wonder how many newly potty-trained toddlers found it easier to relieve themselves in the pools?? Hmmmm. I am sure that the rude parents that were there found it easy to do so! One night, sitting pool-side, a RAT ran across one of our friend's feet (No, I am NOT kidding!!!!). We reported it, and the staff fluffed it off. I was told to advise security...what security??? They were never around! The rat ran around for about a half an hour before he finally found somewhere else to go.

Security and any type of supervision at this place was a very rare occurance. Finally, by the end of our week (Thursday), they made attempts to gain control of the place. I know it's not Fairfield's fault, but boy oh boy, the people that stay here are just down right nasty - never considering anyone else but themselves. I just couldn't get over the blatent rudeness.

The beach was elbow-to-elbow, umbrella-to- umbrella jam packed ...YUK...it was far from being enjoyable and/or relaxing.

The traffic in Myrtle beach was a nightmare as well. Once again, the rudeness was full boar.

Needless to say, I won't be returning to this place, and probably not to Myrtle Beach. I sure am glad I am not an owner here!

By jack298 Jun 27, 2004

I would like to buy here if I could get an incredibly good deal. I like the resort and am retiring soon. If you need to sale at a super low price please let me know. Jack298

By rlorincz Jan 1, 2004

Our family stayed at Seawatch last Christmas and had a wonderful time. The rooms were great, especially in the tower closest to the beach. Plenty of activities were planned by the staff when we could get the children away from the pools. We have stayed in many places in Myrtle Beach but like Seawatch the best. Great ocean location!!!

By jclark Oct 1, 2003

I HAD THE GREAT PLEASURE OF STAYING AT SEAWATCH ON ONE OCCASION. I LOVED IT. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT WAS GREAT. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ANOTHER CHANCE TO STAY THERE,BUT BECAUSE I NO LONGER OWN WITH FAIRFIELD I HAVE NOT HAD ANY SUCCESS WITH MY EFFORTS. RCI NEVER HAS A VACANCY THERE. BUT I WILL KEEP TRYING.

By phillipsm28 Jul 10, 2003

Fantastic place! Right on the beach with ocean views from every condo. Close to so many great attractions, yet away from the crowds. Great location, if you can pull yourself away from the resort itself. Two indoor pools, five outdoor pools (some heated), more than 10 jacuzzis, two lazy rivers, tiki bar, game room, fitness room, etc. One of Fairfield's best. Can't wait to go back. Even my "picky" teenagers loved

By drmmcm Apr 23, 2003

Excellent facilities, accomadations, amenities and location! Clean, friendly, safe and beautiful!

The kids love all the pools and lazy rivers.

By jsoutherland Feb 9, 2003

This is an immaculate resort with good ocean views, good walking & sunning beach and convenient to MB attractions.

By seawatch Dec 7, 2002

we own here and use it every year in the summer

we also use it at thanksgiving and on weekends during the off season

the on site restaurant has a great thanksgiving buffet

both pools in the towers are enclosed during the off season after the hurricane season

there are 2 lazy rivers

kitchens are FULLY supplied

laundrys in all units

no hot tubs in units

5 pools, each has at least 1 hot tub some have as many as 3

By 54daudet Nov 16, 2002

We own a timeshare at this resort since the year 2000. We were just able to schedule a stay there this past year June/2002 for a week. The waiting was worth waiting for. The children had a wonderfull time. The many amenities was what made it such a wonderful stay. The pools and the lazy river, including the jacuzzi. The children were entertained the whole trip. We always knew where they were at all times. The suite was comfortable and thank god for washer and driers, microwaves and dishwahers, specially when you travel with kids. The ocean view, our walks in the beach were just heaven, recommed it highly.

The Daudet Family