Hotel de la Monnaie

New Orleans, Louisiana

Timeshare reviews at Hotel de la Monnaie

New Orleans, Louisiana

By susanf483 Sep 15, 2014

We have been owners of 2 units for 6 years. It is not an Orlando or Vegas resort, but it is a New Orleans resort, in that it has charm and personality. The location is wonderful, the streetcar is half a block away, the French Market is a block away and the Mint Museum is across the street. Too many eateries to mention but have not found a bowl of bad gumbo yet.

The staff is very helpful and have become friends we look forward to seeing atleat once a year.

By johnr732 Dec 5, 2010

I have been an owner here for 4 years and consider it to be one of the best investments I ever made. No, it is not the most elegant, nor most comfortable in NOLA. But it is frankly the best in terms of location, friendliness of staff and security. Very confortable and quiet accommodations. Free, secure parking.

By robertm646 Sep 18, 2007

Owner for 2 years with great experiences every time we visit! Love the location, staff and interior.

By mkcuw Mar 12, 2006

We own a 2 BR unit here and love it. The only reason I give it a 4-star instead of a 5-star is because there is only 1 bathroom in the 2-bedroom unit. We like the location--very convenient yet quiet.

If you are thinking of buying a timeshare in New Orleans, this is a good place to consider. There is a great owner rental program. Highly recommended.

We are staying here in March, 2006, as I write this review. Everything is up and running and in great shape.

By penny65 Updated Jan 25, 2005

We first stayed at this property 5 years ago during New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. After several years of renting, a week during Fest became available to purchase. We bought and have not regretted.

We always enjoy the people we meet here during Fest. The property has 2 open interior courtyards and there is a veranda along the front of the building on the second floor......people meet there and relax in the evening (between daytime at the Fest & the nighttime activities).

We LOVE the location for both Fest and exploring the French Quarter. It is located at the ''back" of the Quarter, just steps from the French Market and Riverfront Trolley. There is also easy access to the Interstate - without going through the Quarter traffic.

Although the property is not luxurious, it is clean and comfortable. The location, location, location and the friendly staff are huge benefits. Also, there are a number of free off- street parking spots. Free parking is like gold in the French Quarter.....and we have always been able to get one at HDLM.

By lynnjer Oct 14, 2004

The other review mentioned that it reminded them of some of the places they stayed in Europe. I think that's a great description. If you've ever been to Europe, you might discover that their standards aren't quite like the pampering standards we are used to. That being said, and the fact that we are here in the U.S., I'm going down the pampered American standards and giving it 3-stars. It's basically an oversized cheap motel, not a Marriott.

We stayed in a one bedroom unit. It says it can sleep 4 because the couch is a pull-out. A pull-out. Remember that. Some friends stayed with us a couple of nights and we were able to get an extra mattress to put on the pull-out, otherwise it would have been quite uncomfortable. But again, it's a pull-out so you shouldn't expect much.

The unit was kind of beat up (walls, floor). Pieces of the blinds were missing. The TV didn't work in the living room (bad cables likely because if you jiggled the cables, it would work for another 30 seconds). The kitchenette area was old and beat up. The same thing was true for the bathroom. There is only a 30-gallon hot water tank for your unit so make your showers quick! We didn't even bother trying to fill the tub and use the jets. In the bedroom, you could hear water going through various pipes. The AC wasn't too quiet either.

The living room is quaint and includes a small office table with two chairs. There's a VCR as well.

The kitchenette included everything you basically needed - forks, glasses, coffee maker, college-dorm fridge.

The bedroom was a basic small bedroom with side tables, dresser, closet and TV.

The front-desk staff were friendly and helpful and can make various reservations for you (Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues is a good recommendation).

There's a washer and dryer downstairs somewhere. Obviously we didn't use it:) Actually, we were only there for an extended weekend, not the whole week.

The location is right next to the Old Mint, 30- second walk to the French Market and the Trolley car. Party go'ers - the heart of Bourbon St. is a good 10-15 minute walk. That could be good or bad. Good to walk it off. Bad because you just want to pass out.

Good food is next door at the Marisol or around the corner on Frenchmen St. at the Praline Connection. But, it's New Orleans, part of the fun is finding the good food yourself, and there's plenty of it.

In all, if you're looking for a "resort" kind of place, this is not it. It's a place to keep your stuff and sleep. If that's all you want, then it's perfect and I would recommend it. It's not like there were any rats or cockroaches all over the place. I enjoyed my stay overall.

By ark008 Jan 8, 2004

I stayed hear as a guest of a timeshare holder. I loved it!! I have been trying for months to get a week during April for my family to vist the Hotel and City. It must be very popular because I am not having much luck. The location is perfect because you are within walking distance to almost anything you would want to do, and if you want some peace and quiet, you can always find a beautiful area to relax within the Hotel. I can't imagine that there could be anywhere better to stay!

By alice123456 Jan 25, 2003

Wonderful, charming, place to stay in New Orleans. Super helpful and friendly staff. Units are on the small side. How ever they have Telephones & TV's in L.R. & Bedroom. Reminds us of some of the wonderful places we stayed in Europe. All units open up to a center courtyard. The rooms are all well appointed and the baths have jetted tubs. Don't expect a large kitchen here, but who cares since who wants to cook much while in New Orleans with all that great food. Walk to the marketplace one block away. Street Car stop close by.