preview the new redweek.com!

Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba Reviews

Reviews of Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba in Palm Beach, Aruba, posted by RedWeek members.

Member Reviews
  • User: jacquelinef38
  • Updated: Oct 16, 2014

I cant say enough about our vacation. We stayed at the timeshares at the Riu. I was very impressed with the large rooms and fantastic views. The unit was very clean. The service was great. What a great value for your money. Can't wait to go back......

• Sleep Comfort: 4 out of 5
  • User: sarar116

TImeshare at the Royal Palm Club may be the very best deal in Aruba. My husband and I were fortunate enough to rent 3 weeks in the same Timeshare Unit. We loved it so much we returned home and immediately decided to purchase two weeks of our very own.

The entire experience has been wonderful. We rented thru Kyle Riley and she handled our purchase also. She is not a Broker or a timeshare agent and just helps out the current owners.

The timeshare units are spacious, clean and our new home away from home. We enjoyed access to all of the amenities at the Riu. The pools are amazing. The gym is spacious and clean. The beach is beautiful with possibly the largest expanse on Palm Beach. You do have to get up early if you want a Palapa on the beach. The system works perfect-first come-first serve. If you don't want to get up early there is a water sport company right on the beach that will rent you chairs and a large umbrella. Ask for Orlando and he will set you up with a front row seat. There are a few things the Riu could do to make the beach a little better. While we prefer not to sweat the small stuff we are certain they will include these things in the renovation.

Timeshare resales seem to be in demand right now possibly driven by the rumors of a complete property renovation . We feel very lucky to have found two consecutive weeks to purchase.

All Inclusive is a great deal for Timeshare if you like lots of food and drinks. Where can you eat and drink for $75 a day? The selections are endless. We purchased All Inclusive for one week and enjoyed it very much. Three weeks would have been too much. Throughout the next two weeks we purchased a meal ticket when we felt the urge to splurge on breakfast. There are so many great restaurants in Aruba we wanted to make sure to enjoy as many as possible.

We can't wait to return in 2015 and see the newly remodeled Riu.

• User: kyler22
  • Updated: Oct 12, 2014

Timeshare at the Riu is a small community of 35 one and two bedroom apartments. The Riu owns and maintains Timeshare but does not rent or sell the units. Rentals and Sales are private thru owners. In 2015 the Riu Palace Aruba will close for renovations. The Timeshare units will be part of the renovation. Timeshare guest always have the option of purchasing all inclusive. The price starts at $75 per person per day.

The Timeshare units are nicely laid out and very spacious. They are a little older and most are well kept. Please don't let the negative review from jimm discourage you from renting a timeshare at the Riu Palace Aruba. They are a great deal in the perfect location right on Palm Beach. In the last year there have been 52 resales and over 150 rentals. Most sales come from renters.

First and second floor units walk right out onto Palm Beach. Third floor units have large patio doors with French Balconies overlooking either the pool or the garden area. Fifth floor one bedroom units have two baths and again French Balconies overlooking Palm Beach. There are so many good features in these 35 units. The Riu amenities are included allowing guest to be part of the resort experience.

The management has been proactive in making sure every unit is in the best possible condition. If there is ever a problem with a Timeshare unit, the Riu management will take care of the problem. Again the Riu owns and maintains these units and if something is wrong, they will make it right.

Take advantage of some of the great deals posted on Redweek for an affordable Aruba vacation. I personally stay in timeshare five times a year at the Riu Palace Aruba and wouldn't stay anywhere else. The location of the Timeshare units is absolutely the best.

• Overall Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Resort Location: 2 out of 5
  • Staff/Service: 1 out of 5
  • User: jimm703

timeshare renters beware Our experience renting a time share from kyle riley ar RIU Palace Aruba was a real nightmare. extensive black mold in both bathrooms. bathroom sink clogged with hair. tub back-up(we werent even using it). huge leak in bathroom ceiling. mold on upholstery,lamp shades & curtains. floors so filthy we counldnt go barefoot. general condition of unit was unkempt & unmaintained. A.C. units leaked water creating puddles on the floor. we paid 1400.00 . the best ms riley could do was refund a measly 400.00 RIU refused any help whatsoever. we wroke RIU headquarters they said they wounld look into it ha ha. to this date 7/14/2014 no word from them . we went in march 2014.

• User: joek47

This is hands down the best property in Aruba!! If you can complain about this place then you are really need help. I loved being right on the best beach in Aruba! 2 Large Pools with a swim up bar thats out of this world. Felix the bartender at the swim up bar can make the best "Dirty Monkeys" ask for the Absolute Vodka in it, No Problem! WOW!!!

• Resort Location: 4 out of 5
  • Staff/Service: 3 out of 5
  • Cleanliness: 2 out of 5
  • User: alinai2

We rented a timeshare for the first time in this resort. The room was smelly, the ac was leaking, walls were peeling and mold was present. It took us one day to try to get another room, which was not better than the first one. Staff was very unfriendly, we asked for water bottles and they did not want to deliver in the room, we had to go an pick it up. Never again in this place...

• User: fredy11

A week at the Royal Palm Club/Riu Palace is like a week no where else. The ability to be on the beach in literally minutes or even seconds from the Ocenfront time shares is literally unique to ALL the other high rise hotels on the entire palm beach strip. My family & I have been everywhere from Cancun to Hawaii & they are certainly all nice but Aruba & this resort makes them look like they're all standing still. The people at the hotel & Island are as pleasant as can be & will bend over backwards to make your trip memorable. Over the years our family has made MANY Friends on the Island & we enjoy their company on every visit. The water & beaches there are #1. The food can range from a 1st class dinner of Steak & Caribean lobster to a simple night of pizza & a beer. If you want something, this resort will have it or get it for you ! The rooms are kept clean & the king size beds are a welcome sight after a hard day on the beach.

Looking at the overall rating of this resort at 4.5 stars says it ALL !

IT'S A REAL SHAME WHEN 1 "PILL" OF A PERSON WRITES UP A POOR REVIEW OF THIS RESORT AND ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE AT THE HOTEL & ISLAND !!

Granted & keep in mind ALL the hotels & resorts on this Island are in the "Caribean" Folks !!! The ave. Temp. is 89 Degrees YEAR ROUND !! With a temperature of that combined with a temp. of 70 degrees in the actual rooms a slight musty smell may occur at 1st on your initial arrival. This is NOTHING that a good 15 minutes of frest air opening your windows won't take care of !!

Enjoy yourselves and your stay at the Royal Palm. You'll be back again & again !!

• Overall Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Resort Location: 3 out of 5
  • Staff/Service: 1 out of 5
  • User: donnac416

We have just returned after renting 3 timeshare units for the Christmas holiday. I would never stay here again. ALL units had MOLD, and it was difficult to breathe and sleep. Water from my sister's upstairs condo leaked all week long. My parents returned home sick. The units were old and dated and not well kept at all. Beds were uncomfortable. Staff was not "happy". Pool was beautiful, casino very tiny. We went next door to Westin and Raddison to gamble and watch sports at their sports bar. Beware--- Some of the favorable reviews were written by owners to get you to stay here. If I ever go back it will be at the Marriot down the street-spend the extra $$$.

• User: purnimat

We stayed at the Rui in January 2012. The resort is the best there is no doubt about that but I was very disappointed with the timeshare condos. The place needs updating. I was very disappointed at check in and complained to front desk about the cleanliness and the mold smell but they refused to do anything since we had directly dealt with the owner. The units are old and smell like mildew. Everything inside is old, the TVs are from the 60s the decor is dated the garbage cans are rusted. I would not stay here again even for free. I heard RUI refuses to take care of these units because they want to get rid of the timeshare owners. The resort is Gorgeous and if you can stay at the hotel I think the rooms are Top notch. Anyway we made the best of it and tried not to stay in the room more that we had too. We took full advantage of the resort amenities and took the all inclusive option. I would go to Aruba over and over again I think its the best island I have visited. we Like Aruba so much that we ended up buying a timeshare next door at Divi Resort.

• User: paulah75

I recently returned from Aruba and stayed at the RIU. We are repeat customers and we love this hotel. The staff treats us wonderfully and they remember us every year we return. Even though we don't swim in the pool water, it is a gorgeous pool. Our room always has the most beautiful view of the Aruban ocean. I never slept better. We love the Japanese and Italian restaurant. The buffet is not your ordinary buffet. It is a ballroom filled with all types of foods/desserts/fruits/etc. Amazing! The maitre de at the buffet is Ale de Cuba. He is a wonderful man and makes sure we are pleased. Carlos is another A+ staff member. The ONLY problem I have is walking from my beach chair to the pool bar for a drink, but I can look past that for all the other positive aspects of this place. I couldn't say enough about it. All-inclusive is the way to go! Well worth it every year for us.

• Staff/Service: 4 out of 5
  • Cleanliness: 4 out of 5
  • User: pamk116

One of the grandest resorts on Palm Beach and with one of the best beach front areas. Yes, service is not always perfect due to the size of the resort, but as part of the Riu chain they are learning fast. Staying at the resort via a timeshare rental through the timeshare owners gives you a fantastic deal in Aruba.

• User: charlesc158
  • Updated: Jul 28, 2009

IT'S TIME TO UP DATE THIS REVIEW BASED UPON EVENTS OF THE PAST YEAR, INCLUDING OUR THREE WEEKS JUST ENDED. When we got there at the beginning of July, the air was off and the apartment was at least 102 F. They got it repaired within two days, but we had to sleep in the nude the first 2 nights it was so hot. We had 3 plates, 2 forks, 2 coffe cups, no microwave ready dish to use, the frame around the door number was missing one side, the hall carpet is filthy. Jelishka got the dishes straight as soon as we got a list to her, so she's doing her job. It is just that the unit was not ready for the 6 it is supposed to sleep. The windows along the hall for the beach-front units have been sealed closed, so there is no circulation in that hallway and it IS HOT. The furniture continues to deteriorate badly and there are no signs of improvement. The old TVs look like they are out of the 50s. Thus, our rating has dropped drastically! The old Aruba Grand is gone, along with staff. The new Riu Resort is spectacullar! New staff is still learning the ropes and timeshares are not their top priority--but for the money, it's now a steal. Our last two weeks were in October 2007. Plan to spend a month in the spring and again in the fall. This is a follow up--we went back for 4 wks June-July. The landscaping was done and the grounds beautiful. It's everything any family would want now. Staff has their act together and everyone was great. Ads say "tips included" but all expect tips for service, from bellmen to wait staff and we were happy to make their lives better in return for the exceptional service. Go and stay as long as you can. We'll be back in September.

• User: doreen54

My Husband spend the first 2 weeks in August at this hotel. The air conditioner was not working properly. Coming off the beach to a warm room was terrible. This Hotel had been sold while we were there, hopefully things will get fixed. They had construction going on, on 2 floors, the noise was terrible. When I spoke to management, night management, I was told that the air conditioner was old, and probably needed to be replaced,(that is for sure) Complaints had to be given to house cleaners to get the room cleaned properly. They finally got it right the 2nd week. We needed this vacation, I had an operation and lost both my parents 9 months apart. It was a relaxing vacation while on the beach or out to dinner, at other hotels not this one. i would hope the new owners will make changes. We stayed there 2 years ago and loved it, this time was very different, Giving it a 2 star rating is only because the chair people and towel people were the nicest you could meet. I do hope this helps some people in finding out if changes have been made since August.

• User: pzahn

I have been there 16 times and I enjoy it more every time. Location is excellent and the people are great

• User: joe882

The hotel rooms are just OK and the pool is also OK. The ocean front timeshares (2 bedrooms) are beautiful and the location (Right on the beach) next to the boardwalk are the best on the island!!

The hotel is great for families with young kids and it is one of the quietest locations along the high rise area.

• User: rhoda

My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Aruba Grand several times. This hotel, in our opinion, is the best on Palm Beach.

The hospitality is excellent, the beach area is beautiful and is more quiet than the others along Palm Beach. The food is very good. We most expecially enjoy the filanges for breakfast. We like the serenity and peace you feel there. It is like a dream. A home away from home. Without the stress!! We recommend it highly.

• Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
  • User: rickjoy

Rooms are very clean. Great snack bar. Employees are very accomodating. Been there 15 times.

↑Back to top

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »