preview the new redweek.com!

Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba Reviews

Reviews of Royal Palm Club at the RIU Palace Aruba in Palm Beach, Aruba, posted by RedWeek members.

Member Reviews
  • Overall Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Resort Location: 2 out of 5
  • Staff/Service: 1 out of 5
  • User: jimm703

timeshare renters beware Our experience renting a time share from kyle riley ar RIU Palace Aruba was a real nightmare. extensive black mold in both bathrooms. bathroom sink clogged with hair. tub back-up(we werent even using it). huge leak in bathroom ceiling. mold on upholstery,lamp shades & curtains. floors so filthy we counldnt go barefoot. general condition of unit was unkempt & unmaintained. A.C. units leaked water creating puddles on the floor. we paid 1400.00 . the best ms riley could do was refund a measly 400.00 RIU refused any help whatsoever. we wroke RIU headquarters they said they wounld look into it ha ha. to this date 7/14/2014 no word from them . we went in march 2014.

• User: joek47

This is hands down the best property in Aruba!! If you can complain about this place then you are really need help. I loved being right on the best beach in Aruba! 2 Large Pools with a swim up bar thats out of this world. Felix the bartender at the swim up bar can make the best "Dirty Monkeys" ask for the Absolute Vodka in it, No Problem! WOW!!!

• Resort Location: 4 out of 5
  • Staff/Service: 3 out of 5
  • Cleanliness: 2 out of 5
  • User: alinai2

We rented a timeshare for the first time in this resort. The room was smelly, the ac was leaking, walls were peeling and mold was present. It took us one day to try to get another room, which was not better than the first one. Staff was very unfriendly, we asked for water bottles and they did not want to deliver in the room, we had to go an pick it up. Never again in this place...

• User: fredy11

A week at the Royal Palm Club/Riu Palace is like a week no where else. The ability to be on the beach in literally minutes or even seconds from the Ocenfront time shares is literally unique to ALL the other high rise hotels on the entire palm beach strip. My family & I have been everywhere from Cancun to Hawaii & they are certainly all nice but Aruba & this resort makes them look like they're all standing still. The people at the hotel & Island are as pleasant as can be & will bend over backwards to make your trip memorable. Over the years our family has made MANY Friends on the Island & we enjoy their company on every visit. The water & beaches there are #1. The food can range from a 1st class dinner of Steak & Caribean lobster to a simple night of pizza & a beer. If you want something, this resort will have it or get it for you ! The rooms are kept clean & the king size beds are a welcome sight after a hard day on the beach.

Looking at the overall rating of this resort at 4.5 stars says it ALL !

IT'S A REAL SHAME WHEN 1 "PILL" OF A PERSON WRITES UP A POOR REVIEW OF THIS RESORT AND ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE AT THE HOTEL & ISLAND !!

Granted & keep in mind ALL the hotels & resorts on this Island are in the "Caribean" Folks !!! The ave. Temp. is 89 Degrees YEAR ROUND !! With a temperature of that combined with a temp. of 70 degrees in the actual rooms a slight musty smell may occur at 1st on your initial arrival. This is NOTHING that a good 15 minutes of frest air opening your windows won't take care of !!

Enjoy yourselves and your stay at the Royal Palm. You'll be back again & again !!

• Overall Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Resort Location: 3 out of 5
  • Staff/Service: 1 out of 5
  • User: donnac416

We have just returned after renting 3 timeshare units for the Christmas holiday. I would never stay here again. ALL units had MOLD, and it was difficult to breathe and sleep. Water from my sister's upstairs condo leaked all week long. My parents returned home sick. The units were old and dated and not well kept at all. Beds were uncomfortable. Staff was not "happy". Pool was beautiful, casino very tiny. We went next door to Westin and Raddison to gamble and watch sports at their sports bar. Beware--- Some of the favorable reviews were written by owners to get you to stay here. If I ever go back it will be at the Marriot down the street-spend the extra $$$.

• User: jacquelinef38

I just returned from a 3 week stay ( yes 3 weeks!) at the Riu. It was great. The condo wonderful. We had A king size bed master bedroom with a full bath. There was a kitchen with everything we could need a spacious living room with a new queen size sofa.

The resort is fantastic. The service was top notch food fabulous I can't say enough about it. I can't wait to go back

• User: kyler22

There are so many good things to say about the Riu Palace Aruba and the 35 unts of timeshare at this resort. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor are about 15 years old. The 5th floor is several years older. The timeshare units have new sofas, chairs, tables, lamps and new tile floors in the bedrooms and hallways. They may not be the most updated units on the island but they are comfortable and very clean.

The staff is always wonderful. If you are kind to them, they are kind to you. If there is a problem with a timeshare unit, the management will resolve the problem.

The All Inclusive option is such a perk for timeshare members and their guest. For as low as $65 a day the food and drink is unlimited.

The location is unbelievable. The beach has to be the largest on Palm Beach. The 2 pools are perfectly designed, one with a huge swim up bar and daily activities.

Tmeshare rentals and resales at the Royal Palm Club/Riu Palace Aruba are the best deals in Aruba. Sometimes for the price of one night at the hotel, you can rent a timeshare unit for the entire week. Rentals and resales are only available through the current owners.

Like the other Aruba Resorts, you do have to get up early to get a Beach Palapa or Sun Loungers at the Pool. Mornings are beautiful in Aruba so most of us don't mind at all. If the units have been closed up, they can have a slight musty smell-open the doors and air out, bring a fresh candle or a small can of room spray and I promise this will be the best value available in Aruba!

• User: purnimat

We stayed at the Rui in January 2012. The resort is the best there is no doubt about that but I was very disappointed with the timeshare condos. The place needs updating. I was very disappointed at check in and complained to front desk about the cleanliness and the mold smell but they refused to do anything since we had directly dealt with the owner. The units are old and smell like mildew. Everything inside is old, the TVs are from the 60s the decor is dated the garbage cans are rusted. I would not stay here again even for free. I heard RUI refuses to take care of these units because they want to get rid of the timeshare owners. The resort is Gorgeous and if you can stay at the hotel I think the rooms are Top notch. Anyway we made the best of it and tried not to stay in the room more that we had too. We took full advantage of the resort amenities and took the all inclusive option. I would go to Aruba over and over again I think its the best island I have visited. we Like Aruba so much that we ended up buying a timeshare next door at Divi Resort.

• User: paulah75

I recently returned from Aruba and stayed at the RIU. We are repeat customers and we love this hotel. The staff treats us wonderfully and they remember us every year we return. Even though we don't swim in the pool water, it is a gorgeous pool. Our room always has the most beautiful view of the Aruban ocean. I never slept better. We love the Japanese and Italian restaurant. The buffet is not your ordinary buffet. It is a ballroom filled with all types of foods/desserts/fruits/etc. Amazing! The maitre de at the buffet is Ale de Cuba. He is a wonderful man and makes sure we are pleased. Carlos is another A+ staff member. The ONLY problem I have is walking from my beach chair to the pool bar for a drink, but I can look past that for all the other positive aspects of this place. I couldn't say enough about it. All-inclusive is the way to go! Well worth it every year for us.

• Staff/Service: 4 out of 5
  • Cleanliness: 4 out of 5
  • User: pamk116

One of the grandest resorts on Palm Beach and with one of the best beach front areas. Yes, service is not always perfect due to the size of the resort, but as part of the Riu chain they are learning fast. Staying at the resort via a timeshare rental through the timeshare owners gives you a fantastic deal in Aruba.

• User: charlesc158
  • Updated: Jul 28, 2009

IT'S TIME TO UP DATE THIS REVIEW BASED UPON EVENTS OF THE PAST YEAR, INCLUDING OUR THREE WEEKS JUST ENDED. When we got there at the beginning of July, the air was off and the apartment was at least 102 F. They got it repaired within two days, but we had to sleep in the nude the first 2 nights it was so hot. We had 3 plates, 2 forks, 2 coffe cups, no microwave ready dish to use, the frame around the door number was missing one side, the hall carpet is filthy. Jelishka got the dishes straight as soon as we got a list to her, so she's doing her job. It is just that the unit was not ready for the 6 it is supposed to sleep. The windows along the hall for the beach-front units have been sealed closed, so there is no circulation in that hallway and it IS HOT. The furniture continues to deteriorate badly and there are no signs of improvement. The old TVs look like they are out of the 50s. Thus, our rating has dropped drastically! The old Aruba Grand is gone, along with staff. The new Riu Resort is spectacullar! New staff is still learning the ropes and timeshares are not their top priority--but for the money, it's now a steal. Our last two weeks were in October 2007. Plan to spend a month in the spring and again in the fall. This is a follow up--we went back for 4 wks June-July. The landscaping was done and the grounds beautiful. It's everything any family would want now. Staff has their act together and everyone was great. Ads say "tips included" but all expect tips for service, from bellmen to wait staff and we were happy to make their lives better in return for the exceptional service. Go and stay as long as you can. We'll be back in September.

• User: doreen54

My Husband spend the first 2 weeks in August at this hotel. The air conditioner was not working properly. Coming off the beach to a warm room was terrible. This Hotel had been sold while we were there, hopefully things will get fixed. They had construction going on, on 2 floors, the noise was terrible. When I spoke to management, night management, I was told that the air conditioner was old, and probably needed to be replaced,(that is for sure) Complaints had to be given to house cleaners to get the room cleaned properly. They finally got it right the 2nd week. We needed this vacation, I had an operation and lost both my parents 9 months apart. It was a relaxing vacation while on the beach or out to dinner, at other hotels not this one. i would hope the new owners will make changes. We stayed there 2 years ago and loved it, this time was very different, Giving it a 2 star rating is only because the chair people and towel people were the nicest you could meet. I do hope this helps some people in finding out if changes have been made since August.

• User: pzahn

I have been there 16 times and I enjoy it more every time. Location is excellent and the people are great

• User: joe882

The hotel rooms are just OK and the pool is also OK. The ocean front timeshares (2 bedrooms) are beautiful and the location (Right on the beach) next to the boardwalk are the best on the island!!

The hotel is great for families with young kids and it is one of the quietest locations along the high rise area.

• User: rhoda

My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Aruba Grand several times. This hotel, in our opinion, is the best on Palm Beach.

The hospitality is excellent, the beach area is beautiful and is more quiet than the others along Palm Beach. The food is very good. We most expecially enjoy the filanges for breakfast. We like the serenity and peace you feel there. It is like a dream. A home away from home. Without the stress!! We recommend it highly.

• Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
  • User: rickjoy

Rooms are very clean. Great snack bar. Employees are very accomodating. Been there 15 times.

↑Back to top

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »