Newport Bay Club & Hotel

Newport, Rhode Island

Timeshare reviews at Newport Bay Club & Hotel

Newport, Rhode Island

By judy723 Updated Dec 29, 2013

Have not been to Newport for a few years and went in Dec this year. I loved the holiday decorations in the mansions. Wished I could have attended some of the evening musical events in the mansions, but we did not plan early enough. The hotel was great, nicely decorated, comfortable beds and kitchen had everything we needed. We were in a 2 bedroom suite which had 2 bedroom--each located on opposite ends of the unit so there was nice privacy and an opportunity to have your own bath--as there were 2. The kitchen was a full kitchen, small, but just fine. The living room was comfortable and the dining area was spacious. We enjoyed the continental breakfast in the mornings. Staff was great and the woman at the desk was friendly and helpful --holding doors for us when we arrived struggling with our luggage. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Would suggest that someone go to Newport on the weekends in Dec as there are more activities. Also, would have like a TV in the bedrooms, but that was not a big concern. The beds were comfortable and we fell asleep quickly.

By skarasik Dec 22, 2007

Great service, nice staff, comfortable and clean rooms. The central location is really convenient too.

The night club music is very loud - don't count on getting any sleep on Saturday nights!

But, for night owls, this place is the best!

By danielle204 Jul 20, 2005

I have to say that I was anything but satisfied at this particular location. My husband, 2 kids and myself stayed here and from uncomfortable beds to, them laying carpeting our entire trip which meant our doors needed to be open, to un- friendly staff, this club is anything but. Great location for walking, heck of a time for traffic manuver, and this also didn't mention the power outage w/ no generators. When back in Newport, we will definately not be staying at the Bay Club. Better deals around the Island!

By rlatham4 May 29, 2005

Central location, no need to drive. Walk to all the best bars and stores. Marble bathrooms, nicely decorated.