Redington Ambassador

North Redington Beach, Florida

Timeshare reviews at Redington Ambassador

North Redington Beach, Florida

By eileen210 Feb 18, 2012

We just spent a week at the Redington (Jan/Feb) and we'll be back as often as we can. We stayed in a 3/3 oceanfront with both friends and family, ages 5 to 70, and never felt crowded or bored. Both the master bedroom and the living room had double glass sliding doors, and chairs and a table on the balcony made a great place to watch the gorgeous sunsets. The furnishings, like the unit, were clean and well maintained, the pool and large spa were cleaned every day and kept at a great temperature. Plenty of noodles, buckets, and shovels for the kids to play with. The kitchen was fully equipped, had Corelle dinnerware, and there were extra sheets, pillows, and blankets in each bedroom. Also plenty of towels, and they were in very good shape. Many guests took advatage of the three grills, and the pool and patio chairs and tables were plentiful. Other than the kid beach toys, the resort provides only shuffleboard equipment. We rented bikes at a nearby shop for a reasonable $10 for 24 hours, and they also rented scooters, etc. St Pete is a short drive and has many attractions. The Seabird Sanctuary is nearby on Gulf Blvd. It has free admission and hundreds of sea and shore birds in residence. John's Pass is an attraction down the road and has plenty of shops and restaurants. There are many good restaurants in the area, but the one we came back to was the newly opened Seabreeze. We ate there twice, and had excellent meals (rib-eyes, salmon). They even cooked a bowl of rice and beans for the 5 yr old who has allergies. You can dine inside or out, overlooking the bay. It was a great vacation in a great area. The front desk is very accomodating, and they provide hair dryers, beach towels, dvds, books, etc. Units ending in 5, 6, and 7 are all 3/3s and have an oceanfront view. 1 through 4 all have side balconies thatalso have a good ocean/sunset view.

By terryr40 Jan 1, 2009

I agree with Bobby in the earlier review. The one thing that should be mentioned is; in the last few years, since that review, there has been a Condo property go up on the immediate North side of the resort. This will affect the once great view frorm the north units to a relative sliver of an ocean view. Although you will get a ocean view. My wife and I have stayed here twice.

The first time we were in a back, one bedroom unit, that was on the north side, 2006(?). This was when the condo was just starting to be built. My biggest concern then, was the street noise, as the bedroom was on the street. This turned not to be a problem as the street traffic died down in the evening. We left our patio door open and only heard the sound of the surf! It was great! I believe this would still be true even with the Condo.

The next time, Jan. 2008 we stayed in a two bedroom unit on the ocean. This was even better, and was not be affected by the Condo. The lock off was occuppied by a couple with a child and we didn't hear them at all.

Certainly in our top 25% of 20+ time shares we have stayed in! Terry

By bobby37 Updated Jan 5, 2005

Just got back last week from the Redington. I stayed in a two bedroom unit on the 4th floor. I arrived late so didn't get to really rate the check-in process since I picked up my key two blocks away at the Redington Hilton.

When I arrived in the room everything was clean and in good condition with the exception of the kitchen counter that had a few particles on it. Sofa sleeper in the living room in good condition but never used it to sleep in. Color cable TV in each bedroom and living room. One bedroom had two twin beds while the master bedroom had a King bed. Small washer and dryer in the unit I stayed in. The balcony overlook the ocean and access was from two sliding doors from the living area and the master bedroom.

The unit I stayed in was a lock-out unit with a door to the other unit but was being occupied by another couple with small children. Noise travels through the door very easily and could be a problem with anyone with loud neighbors.

Parking was no problem with plenty of spaces under the resort and at the side. The swimming pool was heated and clean. Shuffleboard available as well as two gas grills. Stores and restaurants are close by.

Overall I had a good stay here. It was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. This was a well maintained resort and the only reason it does not get five stars is that the office closes at a certain time every night which means no staff, and nothing really wowed me, but I do believe it is one of the better resorts in the Tampa/St Pete area and I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

By barbara325 Feb 19, 2004

Beautiful clean resort right on beach with a nice pool. Breathtaking sunsets from your balcony. Handy access to everything, Supermarket 1 mile away. Restaurants everywhere. Shopping, movies and golf all nearby.

Especially enjoyed long walks on the beautiful beach.

By chaus Sep 6, 2003

Step right out onto the beach. Great pool for size of resort. Nice layout. All units have view of the beach. Friendly management.

By mabbate Mar 7, 2003

If you like the beach and beautiful sunsets, this is the place.

Situated right on the gulf of mexico the two bedroom, two bath units are clean and comfortable. Having throughly enjoyed spending a week in a two bedroom, two bath unit that was right on the beach, we came back the following year.

Not all the units are right on the beach, some are set back, but even those units have a fantasic view of the sunset.

A great place to stay, if you are lucky enough to get a unit.