Park Plaza

Park City, Utah

Timeshare reviews at Park Plaza

Park City, Utah

By markg609 Feb 8, 2014

We enjoyed a very nice stay here, nice comfy beds, very clean, and great indoor (warm!) large pool and hot tub. Read some reviews about unhelpful staff years ago, well they could not be better now. Everyone seemed to go out of their way to be helpful and smiley.

On the bus route so its very easy to get to/from the ski resorts as well as restaurants and partying on Main Street. Right across the street is the great Grubsteak restaurant, not at all high priced and very tasty. The local brewpub has terrific food all day long, and great beers on tap. Families with kids somehow manage to totally control them - a pleasure to have no screaming/fighting kid noise!

Heated underground parking caps it off.

By desiraec3 Updated Aug 1, 2013
    By janet748 Updated Jan 25, 2009

We have owned at the Park Plaza for about 10 years. We began staying there on a rental basis about 4 years prior to owning. In the last two stays, we were VERY disappointed with the service, the staff, just about everything. We decided to try one more stay before just "giving away" our weeks, and we were there just a week ago, January 10-17, 2009. Most of the staff had changed from the previous year, and the improvements in attitude very amazing. The units were in better condition, maintenance was very quick to respond IF there was an issue, and the overall staff was very friendly. The van driver, Dean, was always available to drive us to Main Street or Deer Valley; Maribeth, the housekeeping supervisor, was very pleasant and helpful; Ruebens and Demetri at the front desk were easy to understand and very helpful in checking in and placing our two rooms near each other. Overall, we had a wonderful week. I'm so glad we came back one more time and what a pleasant surprise we received.

By diannek23 Jul 25, 2008

I have stayed here in 2007 and 2008. It is a great place to stay. It is in a nice location in Park City area within walking distance to some nice restaurants. The place was clean, the staff were friendly. I find that if you are friendly and courteous, they are too. I had to make one change in my room and they did it with no problems and the manager called me to follow up to see if I was happy. The full kitchen is very convenient. I stood out on the patio one morning and a Moose walked up nearby and stood there eating grass while watching me! The pool is nice and the back patio with the barbeque grills were good for cooking our steaks bought from Albertsons market nearby. We had no problems with noise. Plenty of parking underground and safe. We went during the summer and there were lots of activities to do. They have an exercise room and game room with a pool table and video machines. There is a computer with free Internet use in the Business room. They provided free gourmet coffee and tea in the lobby which has a Southwest decor. This is not a 5 star place but it was much nicer than we expected. We spent much time away but were glad to come back to it and relax.

By anthonys116 Dec 30, 2007

The Park Plaza is an old timeshare resort that has been well maintained over the past 20 years. The resort is relatively small but has a indoor pool, indoor spa, suana, and fitness room.

We stayed Christmas week and had a major hickup when we checked in. The staff put us in a mini suite with only a Murphy Bed that supposedly would sleep 4. There was no heat control in the room and the temperature was stuck above 85F. Neither my wife or I slept. The unit was a lockout unit adjacent to a 2 bedroom. If you get this unit you will be able to overhear every single conversation in the adjacent unit and vice versa. Too Hot, no bed, and too loud.

We complained to the staff and they moved us to a Suite that had a bed couch and full kitchen. The suite was nice, quite and equipped with a working thermostat.

In summary this is a very nice small resort but do not rent the minisuite!!!!

Oh did I forget to mention that this resort has an heated underground garage with enough spaces for all the units.

By hudson26 Updated Dec 1, 2004

We have owned at the Park Plaza for over 20 years and have stayed there nearly every year. It's a consistent, quiet gem with a particular amenity you hardly find in Park City.................your own private shuttle van service to take you in minutes to the 3 ski resorts and all the main dining, shopping and vacation locales including the supermarkets. And if that's not convenient enough, the wonderful and free Park City bus service has a bus stop right across the street.

Located in the Prospector Square neighborhood of Park City, you are walking distance from a fine selection of restaurants and quick eateries. You are minutes away from the Main Street galleries, boutiques, gourmet restaurants and other shops.

No matter the inevitable staff changes over the years, Park Plaza always has professional, friendly and efficient staff to greet you and assist with needs during your stay.

The rooms and public spaces are very well maintained. Furnishings are up to date with modern kitchens. We've always appreciated the large closets, large dressers and 3 modern bathrooms in every 2-bedroom suite.

Park Plaza is not fancy like a Marriott or the Grand Summit, but the quality of the experience is consistently very fine.

By bumps02 Jan 18, 2004

Good location, comfortable room, would come

back again.

By 4binky Dec 30, 2003

My family and I actually own at the Park Plaza- but we always exchange somewhere else. We decided to stay here in July of 2002. We had a great time. Even though it was summer we still found lots to do. The resort was very nice - very roomy- nicely decorated. We enjoyed using the pool and jacuzzi every night while we met the neighbors. Would stay here again.