Wyndham Ocean Palms

Pompano Beach, Florida

Reviews of Wyndham Ocean Palms

Pompano Beach, Florida

4.3

Have you been to Wyndham Ocean Palms lately?

By michaelf249 Mar 10, 2008

Very roomy one bedroom apartment with everything in working order. Nice having parking garage within building for easy access. While we were there, they were doing some rehab to adjoining units on the property, which made it a bit noisy, and the elevators did not always work. There is alot to do at Sea Gardens, as long as you enjoy activities like trivia and shuffleboard. And there's always the beautiful beach (about a two block walk through the beautiful grounds). Keep in mind you have to cross A1A to get there. I have an every-other-year timeshare agreement. I will definitely go again after my first visit. Things are not perfect, but they're more than fine. They do have tennis courts, and I like to play, but there's no organized activities. If you really want to find a game, go to Pompano Municipal. They have excellent clay courts!

By tracin4 Jan 29, 2008

The rooms were immaculate and stocked with everything a family needs including D.W. and washer/dryer. Florida was having a cool spell, but pools were clean and very comfortable.) The beach was beautiful and the ocean was actually nice enough to swim in once you got used to it.

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Some reconstruction was going on in other buildings in the complex, but wasn't bothersome. Overall great place!

Lots of things to do within a half hour drive: Pompano Park horse racing; Jungle Queen harbor tours; Las Olas Blvd Shopping; For the younger set: Dania Beach - wooden roller coaster/mini golf, lots of other activities.

By joes307 Updated Mar 11, 2007

This was a wonderful spot. Part of Fairfield's Sea Gardens. Tennis is still kaput due to wilma (who cares I'm an avid golfer). Sea Gardens North ocean bldg was still closed but the rest of the resort was neat as a pin..freshly painted and updated. Beach and pools are A+, and staff are eager to please. Rent the beach charis for a week at $3 a day Some renovations and updating were ongoing but I consider that a "good thing" Played golf at Palm aire and it was too"country clubbish" for me. I compromised with my wife and adult daughters and we did the Ocean Palms...2 BR/bath excellent shape..kitchen cabinet doors need refacing ( off the golf course by 11am..Now the golf...over 40 public courses avoid municipal courses ...great and cheap but tee backups are horrendus ...choose a public course from $50- 75 per round with cart and avoid the hassle or pay $39 and take 6hours to play a round. WI-FI internet would makes this an A+++ spot

By victorjr Updated Oct 9, 2005

2 bedroom 2 bath whirlpool suite overlooking intercoastal waterway.

By carrie85 Mar 29, 2004

Our room was beautiful. The ocean, although across the street, was not a problem to get to. Would be nice if this facility had internet access for guests.

By kekouri Updated Mar 20, 2003

Located behind the Fairfield Sea Gardens units, this building is newer, with much nicer rooms. (Could use a better cleaning service). You are about 3 blocks from the beach and will have to cross A1A. Several pools, nice fitness center, plenty of room. (Remember units having L/O feature-not sure now)

If a Fairfield owner, you may be able to use the Fairfield Santa Barbara (free yacht) & Royal Vista (right on the beach) (but its a walk)

I would pick the others over Ocean Palms if available. as they are more convient to the beach, and are much better kept.

Royal Vista would be our first choice of the three Fairfields. The Santa Barbara involves crossing A1A as well, and then walking down the block to get beach access- as it is blocked by other high rise developments.

By lizinma Jan 22, 2003

I stayed here last year with my girlfriends. I thought it was beautiful. 3 pools to choose from, right across from the beach.

The unit we were in was in the tower..beautiful overlooking the intercoastal waterway.

I'd go again.

Drawbacks... (no onsite bar) no entertainment very small convenient store have to take a cab everywhere.

But..it was a blast!